Senior Corporate Relationship Manager II - HSBC - United States, North America - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-California-Los Angeles
corporate consists of c. 60,000 Mastergroups in the Large Corporate (LC) and
Middle Market Enterprise (MME) segments and represents CMB's largest and more
complex customers. On a per average customer revenue basis, Corporate customers
are also CMB’s most profitable customers. CMB Corporate provides standard
commercial banking products (working capital finance, short-term loans,
deposits, payments etc.) in conjunction with product specialists (e.g. PCM,
Global Banking and Markets, Insurance, Trade & Receivables Finance),
Corporate Banking provides both domestic and cross-border banking solutions
including Cash Management, Trade Services, Insurance, Investment Banking and
role holder is expected to acquire, retain, and expand relationships with the
customers we want to bank within the MME segment, by profitably identifying and
meeting their needs. This means identifying customer needs first and then
recommending product solutions that are appropriate for the customer to
consider and accept.
on the Business
- Building existing and winning new long-term relationships
with the customers we want to bank, coherent with CMB’s strategy to be the
Leading International Trade and Business Bank Relationships managed by
placing customer needs at the forefront of all that the role holder does,
setting world class standards
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships,
anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to
position HSBC as the market leader in this segment.
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international
business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer
information, on HORIS, Client Vision and CARM and other systems as
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate deal pipeline on CV Monitor relationship
profitability regularly and ensure that the return is commensurate with
the type of client and both CMB and the client’s risk appetite.
- Take timely and proactive corrective action to mitigate
potential losses, exercising effective portfolio stewardship and control
Collaborating with product partners to identify and match customer needs
with relevant expertise; notably with GTRF, PCM, GBM, GPB and I&I
a quality service for all customers by owning customer engagement,
ensuring service excellence at all times, for all aspects of any customer,
prospect or professional’s interaction with HSBC.
all interactions with customers are of a high quality and conducted
according to the highest professional standards
with product partners to identify and match customer needs with relevant
expertise; notably with GTRF, PCM, GBM, GPB and I&I.
that client plans are co-ordinated and Client Service Teams are in place
with product partners and Critical Account objectives where applicable
accepted lTake a proactive approach to client planning across the
portfolio collaborating with product partners and senior management as
an effective working relationship with Risk Management teams, in order to
validate the accuracy of the customer risk profile.
early identification of problem relationships and take action where there
are potential and existing problem accounts to protect HSBC interests.
an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank’s profile in the local
community, with a particular focus on international business.
as a FINRA Registered Representative:
cross-sell opportunities, including referral of customers to other sales
representatives of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. through proper customer
needs assessment analysis with current and potential company customers and
refer to Global Banking Relationship Managers for appropriate investment
banking products to meet individual needs, based on objectives, risk
tolerance and proper asset allocations.
appropriate core financial services products to meet customer needs while
developing and expanding account relationships.
adherence to established referral structure on investment banking
with all applicable HSBC Securities (USA) Inc policies and procedures.
Unless otherwise assigned on an individual basis in writing, role does not
include management and supervision of investment banking & branch
activities which lies within the brokerage business and supervisory
structure of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. as determined by its senior
- Embody the Group's values and global standards in every
aspect of how you operate as a CMB banking professional.
- Act as a team player, supporting development of a positive,
collaborative culture consistent with Group Values
- Lead, inspire and motivate junior colleagues to ensure a
seamless relationship management service is delivered.
- Provide active feedback to seniors on process, operations,
risks etc., and make recommendation as to how these can be changed to
secure the customer and the bank.
- Coach and provide development support to other RMs and
support officers, taking a genuine interest in their progression
- Collaborating with product partners to identify and match
customer needs with relevant expertise; notably with GTRF, PCM, GBM, GPB
Effectiveness & Control
- Embody the Group's values and global standards in every
aspect of how you operate as a CMB banking professional.
- Exercise effective portfolio stewardship and control,
ensuring adherence to all relevant Risk policies, Audit and Compliance
- Adhere to structures and processes in place for the
management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Complete, timely, and in-depth evaluations or reviews of
financial and operating risks for all credit facilities, in order to
ensure usage is in accordance with approved terms and conditions.
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate
concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any
- Maintain awareness of operational and fraud risk within
assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including
its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss
identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring
documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are
appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Compliance with and management of sales and suitability risks
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity
documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance
tracking and inform targeted future sales efforts
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by
containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance,
Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance
Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a
compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Winning and retaining business in challenging and competitive
- Identifying the needs of sophisticated customers and
subsequently presenting, and profitably implementing the most appropriate
- Coordinating cross-border coverage for international
customers across multiple timezones, cultures, languages, and regulatory
- Coordinating and collaborating with Product partners to
ensure that the most appropriate solutions are made available to meet
customer needs. These needs may often be complex and international in
- Constant vigilance in identifying and mitigating financial,
operational, fraud and financial crime risks.
is at the heart of the Group’s strategy to be the Leading International Bank.
Within this framework CMB is positioned as the Leading International Trade and
Business Bank. The remit of this role focuses on the customers we want to bank,
including international corporate businesses. The business operates in a highly
competitive banking environment competing for international business where we
have a “right to win”.
of the job: The jobholder will be competing in a highly competitive
environment against many locally-established financial institutions and
possibly a number of national competitors.
and authority; The jobholder will report to the and is given authority to
plan, initiate, develop, and drive the initiatives for their client
portfolio. They will be responsible for the profitability and performance
of their assigned portfolio.
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance
with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations
with regulators by addressing any issues., The physical demands/work
environment described above are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working
conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light
materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of HSBC
customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an
organisation. They will also continually reassess the operational risks
associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of
changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements,
operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the
impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively
manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing,
fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of
the likelihood of operational risk occurring; additionally by addressing
any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the
of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with any
issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate
adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following
relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate,
by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points,
including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by
containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance,
Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance
Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services
laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in managing commercial
relationships with international needs
Credit Training required
79 (and/or 7 if applicable) and 63 licenses required. On an exception
basis, a 90 day contingency may be granted solely at management's
discretion (with no client discussions on investment banking products).
Licenses are required to discuss and/or offer investment banking
opportunities with potential and existing customers. Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer
needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness,
including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and
build relationships with internal and external stakeholders lExcellent time management,
planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written,
verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to
more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of how MME corporate clients operate
- Knowledge of Trade, PCM, GB&M, RBWM, and GPB products and
- Robust understanding of client planning methodology
- Knowledge of group systems, including CARM, ClientVision,
HORIS, Global Links and GRPT
- Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM
- lWide personal connections within the group and outside the
group (chambers of commerce and other associations
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, accounting or related fields
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]