Transformation Portfolio Director - HSBC - New York, New York - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-New York-New York
The RBWM Transformation group delivers commercial support, value-added analysis and planning, and governance and administration for the US RBWM organization. The team also plays a key critical role advancing the agenda and operation of the overall Regional Bank.
Members of the Transformation team are on the leading edge of major Bank initiatives and will routinely interact with senior business partners across the HSBC organization. The group should be regarded as an incubator for future HSBC leaders and successful team members should look to transition to other key roles in the organization within two to three years.
This position is a highly impactful, high profile role that requires strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills in a challenging – but rewarding - environment. The role provides a satisfying balance of strategic planning with key business decision-makers and “roll up your sleeves” ownership of implementation and results. Candidates must be ready and excited to drive innovative thinking, challenge status quo, and provide hands-on leadership to implement successful strategy.
The opportunity is located in Toronto, Canada, New York, NY or Buffalo, NY.
Impact on the Business
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Agenda setting – Work with RBWM MANCO members to craft short and long term transformation roadmaps
- Initiative design & execution – Develop work plan, define resource needs (working and leadership teams), build business cases (e.g. ROI on project), and create “end state” vision for prioritized initiatives. Lead working team to set up, train, and execute initiatives in required areas. Monitor, track, and evaluate results to evaluate results/ determine changes needed
- Insights/analysis - Provide insight-rich synthesis of operations, financial, and personnel data to better advance both the HTS and Americas operation.
- Analytic skill building – Help establish a culture of metrics-driven management. Build analytic capability within RBWM that incorporates key production, quality, and performance information into a simple, usable, and current resource that allows management to make decisions guided by insights
- Sample initiatives include transformational activity (outsourcing, offshoring, service refinement), establishing new processes around operations metrics/insights, and eliminating bureaucracy/improving governance (e.g., RASCO, ORIC)
Leadership & Teamwork
- The Transformation Portfolio Lead will report directly (function & entity) to the Regional Head of OSD.
- Each Transformation Portfolio Lead will have a number of GCB5 Change Consultants reporting to them from an administrative perspective.
- Each Transformation Portfolio Lead will have a number of GCB5 Change Consultants work on the projects within their portfolios. These Change Consultants will come in and out of the portfolio as the work dictates.
Strategic Projects and Analysis
- Lead and/or coordinate strategic projects, analysis and presentations on behalf of GHQ, Senior Management and/or business unit CEO's
- Assist senior management/business units in securing data and information necessary for them to complete their own research and analysis projects
- Provide strong oversight over all regulatory and compliance matters, including the management of operational risk, for assigned area
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Strategic plans and direction, including organic and non-organic growth and expansion, business restructuring, market positioning and prioritization of key initiatives
Management of Risk
- Ensure employees apply compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
8 years previous operations, accounting, finance, mergers and acquisitions
or strategy and development experience.
- 4 to
8 years of post-MBA experience in program management in operations or
strategy in a major corporation, top-tier strategy consulting firm, or
combination of these experiences; prior experience in
degree in engineering, finance, accounting, related field or equivalent;
MBA with concentration in Finance and Strategy strongly preferred
track record of both developing and executing innovative operations
strategies to deliver outstanding top and bottom-line results
ability to work cross-functionally to achieve transformational goals;
strong team player who consistently places the success of the company
ahead of personal success
record of success in an operating environment or strong evidence of the
potential to succeed as an operator
leader and proven problem solver with the ability to conceive and
articulate innovative ideas and drive project from idea to revenue
and drive to imagine solve and execute ambitious projects within short
to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation/execution
oral, written and communication skills; discriminating listener
leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and consensus building skills
team player with a positive attitude, enormous energy and enthusiasm
quantitative, analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills, including
a working knowledge of statistical and financial modeling
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]