This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
The WATER SYSTEMS OPERATION GROUP of the Metropolitan Water District reliably treats and delivers high quality water in an efficient, sustainable, and environmentally responsible manner. To accomplish this mission, more than 900 Water System Operations employees operate, maintain and repair a vast and complex water and power system extending from the Colorado River to the Pacific Ocean.
This water system serves more than 19 million Californians and supports one of the largest economies in the world. Metropolitan’s vast network of aqueducts, pipelines, treatment facilities and power transmission system are the backbone of Southern California’s regional water system, delivering about half of the water used on the Southern California coastal plain. This flexible and adaptable system enables Metropolitan to move water across six counties from where it is sourced to where it is needed.
ABOUT THE JOB
Metropolitan is hiring an Assistant Chief of Operations for the Water System Operations Group. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys developing short and long-term solutions to invigorating challenges. We are looking for a results-oriented pragmatic leader who is innovative and thrives on working in a fast moving environment.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of water conveyance and distribution, water treatment and power operations, and will be highly experienced, negotiating complex agreements, managing complex projects, implementing an asset management program, and improving capital project delivery. This proactive innovative leader should be able to drive results, manage change and have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
· A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, engineering, public administration, or related field, or a field specifically related to the operations of water and power systems; and fourteen years of increasingly responsible public sector, water industry, public utility or related experience, including six years of management and supervision of professional and technical staff in a field related to the assignment;
· A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a business administration, engineering, public administration, or related field, or a field specifically related to the operations of water and power systems; and twelve years of increasingly responsible public sector, water industry, public utility or related experience, including six years of management and supervision of professional and technical staff in a field related to the assignment.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
· Valid California Class C Driver’s License or equivalent (required at time of application) that allows you to drive during your employment.
This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification / job. To view the full job description click here: Assistant Group Manager WSO
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent medical, dental, life, vision plans.
• Deferred compensation in the form of a 401(k) plan (with matching contribution) and a 457 plan.
• Retirement benefits under the California Public Employees' Retirement System
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training and advancement opportunities
• Excellent working environment
• Public transportation reimbursements and van pools
• Hub of public transportation: rail, subway, buses, and taxis
• On-site fitness center
For more information on MWD benefits, please use the following link: Benefits Unrepresented
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of 26 cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provide its service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high quality water to meet current and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way. Metropolitan’s facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct, five water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.3 billion gallons per day, nine surface water reservoirs, 800 miles of pipeline, and 16 hydroelectric power plants.
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Qualified individuals with disabilities, who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process, please call (213) 217-7738 or email: [email protected].
MWD is a Federal and State EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Application Filing Period: Closes at 4:30 pm PST on the date stated in the job announcement. However it may close prior to the filing end date if sufficient applications have been received. If sufficient applications have not been received, then the filing period end date may be extended.
Sponsorship: Applicants for employment with The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B or other employment-based immigration case).