Vice President Americas Data Management Coordinator - HSBC - New York, New York - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-New York-New York
The role holder is expected drive the development of high calibre data capabilities in the Americas region, leveraging Global tools, processes and best practice. The role will involve the implementation of a global operating model for GBM CDO, a Data Operating Model for GDCO ownership and the embedding of a truly data-driven culture across GBM in the region. Responsible for identifying, delivering, and tracking data quality and data management benefits across functions/business/regions.
The role holder will work with the wider GBM teams within the Americas region – ensuring they bring together senior managers and subject matter experts who will support the role holder in executing the objectives of the function, and in directly delivering analytical support to GBM executives.
The role holder will integrate the GBM data management principles in the design phase of every transformation program and effectively manage the bench of data governors to support all regional programs during design and control phases.
The role holder will support the Americas GBM Data Council – ensuring that the forum addresses any Data Governance, Data Quality and regulatory requirements within the region. They will work with other regional CDO leads to drive standardized operating procedures, data accountability policies, data quality standards, data privacy and ethical policies as well as understand how to combine different data sources within the organization.
Impact on the Business
- Owns and drives the adoption of the GBM DOM, data projects and initiatives for GBM globally
- Provides informed and independent data-driven expertise and insight at the center of GBM
- Works with COO to define, challenge and shape data projects which support the data agenda at a global level
- Within the GBM COO extended leadership team, champions the use of data-driven approaches to enhance decision-making across all major areas of activity
- Defines and agrees the scope and boundaries of Business Analytics, Finance and COO, to clarify operating models and ensure the right activities are conducted by the right function
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build trusting relationships with partners and stakeholders by consistently eliciting requirements that meet and deliver upon their business needs.
- Assure requirements coming from multiple areas are aligned and conflicts are resolved effectively.
- Partner with business to identify and resolve data quality issues as part of new business initiatives and existing and new regulations.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Motivate the broader Americas Data teams (virtual) to focus on and deliver high performance, high energy, and high focus
- Promote effective communication across both Producers and Stakeholders to that the ‘team’ understands how to come together to deliver success
- Set the standards by cultivating an operating environment that reflects the HSBC brand & values
- Proactively challenge and positively influence business SMEs and senior Stakeholders to ensure data solutions are sustainable and aligned with best practice
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Defines best practice and ensures GBM data teams take responsibility for design, delivery, consistency, relevance, integrity & validation of data, information & analytical results of their projects.
- Build relationship with GBM analytics leader and establish and maintain appropriate processes and procedures, including information security requirements, while using data and while providing outputs to stakeholders
- Defines best practices and sets high standards to ensure teams always achieve maximum return from appropriate spend and is aligned to business objectives
- Ensures best practices are shared between country teams and are acted upon
- Defines global best practices for the validation of data related work and its presentation to stakeholders
- The role holder needs to be flexible to work effectively and successfully with key stakeholders across resources which report via disparate structures across geographies.
- Demand for data management is very high and growing; the role holder needs to lead delivery against a range of business and regulatory/mandatory initiatives via a clear and widely understood prioritization process, ensuring all stakeholders are abreast of activity and bought into the prioritization approach. The role holder must be pragmatic in simultaneously leveraging readily available information, whilst driving up standards and capabilities, and highlighting investments and projects which are required to advance analytics to the next level.
- The role holder is required to possess a strong delivery mindset, keen business acumen and business processes skills whilst maintaining broad yet deep understanding of the GBM business: key value drivers, proposition mix, delivery channels and customer segments. The role holder needs to be able to quickly analyse complex situations, be dynamic and positive to embrace differences across countries with diverse business environments, regulations and competition, identify practical strategies and must constantly innovate internally within and across teams to drive the delivery of higher quality outputs first time, to make analyses readily repeatable, and to share best practices globally to deliver efficiency
- In conducting business across countries with cultural differences, there are major challenges in keeping abreast of the local market conditions and economic environment in the countries where GBM (plans to) operate(s). It is expected that the role holder has excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a sensitivity to the geographical and cultural differences that characterise the range of the markets in which GBM operates
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Crime Risk landscape
- Highly developed analytical skills to leverage current and emerging data and analytical techniques to address business challenges and opportunities in an actionable way.
- Ability to demonstrate data-led thought leadership to challenge and enhance business strategy and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with highly developed capacity to constructively challenge and influence executive management
- Ability to lead, motivate other senior stakeholders, managers and drive change at a global level
- Highly developed communication, presentation and influencing skills set.
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions
- Ability to reconcile multiple conflicting priorities and develop action plans that meet both short and long term business needs
- Advanced capability in translating complex and/or technical work and insights into straightforward business language, and the ability to develop this capability within teams
- Experience of senior management responsibility for a large function
- Proven track record of delivery against core regulatory initiatives
- Knowledge and experience of Data Management principals and their practical application
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to build a collaborative and constructive partnership with relevant project teams and/or SMEs for content development.
- Good understanding of the Group and the GBM business, including products, services, systems and processes, also sales process and the relationship management model
- Good understanding of value generation in GBM, its economic model and strategy
- Experience of managing and delivering cross-functional programmes
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment especially in the financial services sector.
- Directly relevant analytical experience within financial services or an alternative data driven organization