This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Tru Vue
Purpose and Scope:
Primary responsibilities include maintaining, designing, commissioning, and troubleshooting of PLC programs, HMI’s and automation equipment. This position will lead efforts to support production by maintaining current equipment and in addition transition from manual or semi-automated processes to automated processes and smart factory manufacturing. This position will also be a blended role working with Tru Vue project teams and engineering resources as well as project consultants and contractors to manage the projects and build new automated solutions. This will be a key position within the engineering department due to increased automation within the facility. Technical areas that this role will be responsible for will include, Servo Drives, VFDs, PLCs, motion controls, ABB, Fanuc and Kuka robotics and basic electrical.
Expected Outcomes/Job Functions:
1. Create and maintain PLC programs, HMI programs, VB and VB.net and related control system software. This includes startup, testing, and production modifications to programs.
2. Support multiple projects while handling multiple tasks in order to successfully meet all deadlines. Manage projects as required. Document and communicate project status, changes, and other information to managers, engineers, and technicians.
3. Document processes and standardize process changes by writing new procedures or updating existing procedures, and teach, coach and train others to promote sharing of knowledge.
4. Advanced Troubleshooting - use critical thinking skills to correctly recognize, assess, and resolve problems.
5. Recommend and assist in developing specifications for necessary equipment/systems.
6. Lead and support installation of equipment/systems.
7. Set up preventive maintenance for equipment.
8. Maintain current knowledge of control systems, both technical and market based.
9. Support and assist as needed in maintaining and improving operations. Initiate and support continuous improvement and elimination of waste and variation in processes using established improvement processes.
10. Document and monitor procedures and processes to eliminate variation and promote sharing of knowledge.
11. Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work in team environment.
12. Support environmental and compliance reporting by assisting engineering manager and process engineers in monitoring, collecting info and data, etc.
13. Must be able to periodically travel and work off-shifts as needed.
The above responsibilities represent the major tasks assigned to incumbents in this job title. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks. Therefore, on occasion, incumbents may perform other related tasks.
Education and Experience: (minimum requirements)
1. 2-year Technical degree or certificate in related field and 2-4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Technical knowledge and hands-on experience to operate and troubleshoot in the following areas:
o Programming control logic for Allen-Bradley and similar PLCs required
o Knowledge of Servo and Variable Frequency Drives
o Wonderware, Panel-view or similar HMI software required
o Experience in operating and programming ABB, Kuka and Fanuc robotics
o Microsoft Project experience beneficial
o Familiarity with networking
o Assimilating new or upgraded technology as appropriate to the business
Preferred but not required:
o Programming control logic for Siemens
o Knowledge of ABB, Kuka, or Fanuc controls
o Proficiency in Microsoft Access
o Cimplicity and LabView
o Visual Basic programming language -- developing in Visual Basic 6.0 and SQL Server beneficial
3. Working knowledge of instruments, tools, process control equipment, and processes for analysis of this type of equipment.
4. Basic project planning and management skills
5. Familiarity with Lean and Six Sigma concepts and Six Sigma formal training highly desirable
1. Experienced and effective working in a plant environment with employees in all roles and with diverse backgrounds and approaches.
2. Proven excellent problem solving, root cause identification, and troubleshooting skills.
3. Manage time and workload efficiently, and the ability to prioritize and modify priorities accordingly
4. Detail orientated work.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills to discuss, develop, and implement plans.
6. Work independently and to work effectively in a team atmosphere.
7. Generate and support continuous improvement ideas and culture. Page 2 of 2 8. Microsoft Office full suite of products and position specific software.
8. Microsoft Office full suite of products and position specific software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is primarily performed in an office environment. The noise level in the office is generally moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently interacts with individuals on the plant floor, near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the production environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For specific lifting, pushing and pulling thresholds for this position, please see HR.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The position routinely requires verbal and written communication in English in order to complete the daily business requirements. Verbal communications include, but are not limited to: team meetings to discuss daily department requirements, work instructions to team members, presentations to management or customers, project meetings with peers and management, communications with peers and management, and safety instructions and training. Written communications include, but are not limited to: department paperwork, projects updates, safety walkthroughs, purchase orders, continuous improvement projects, and communications with peers, customers, and management.
Job Location: Faribault, MN
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)