Senior IT Support Specialist (late shift) - Bates White - Washington, DC - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Bates White
The Senior IT Support Specialist (late shift) is responsible for providing desktop and network support during the late shift to employees by identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving technical problems.
- Performs installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software associated with desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- Provides telephone support to employees, troubleshooting a variety of software, hardware and network issues to point of resolution or escalation
- Administers user accounts, group membership and mailboxes via Active Directory, and allocates folder permissions for projects
- Performs video/audio conference support
- Performs asset inventory and tracks locations of all IT assets
- Responds to trouble tickets/support requests via telephone, email, and in person
- Performs laptop imaging, application deployments, and data production requests
- Works the late shift (2:00 pm to 10:00 pm) Monday-Friday
- Works one weekend a month providing on-call support coverage
- Reports to work on a regular basis, and is available for occasional after hours emergency calls, projects, and rotating weekend on-call schedule
- May be asked to perform additional duties not listed in the job description as required by business needs
- 5-8 years experience in an IT environment
- Experience working with software/hardware installation and upgrades
- Basic troubleshooting skills—desktops and laptops
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Office applications
- Knowledge of call-tracking applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently operate a computer or other office productivity machinery
- Ability to perform essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation
- May require more than 40.0 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position
- A normal office environment with little excess noise, dust, temperature and the like
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions, responsibilities or requirements and does not include the general job performance expectations applicable to all employees (e.g., regular, timely attendance).
Bates White is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at (202) 747-1463 or email your request to [email protected]. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.
Bates White will not discharge or discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Employees who have access to compensation information as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose this information to individuals who do not otherwise have access, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Bates White, or (c) consistent with Bates White’s legal duty to furnish information.