This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
As the Operations Projects and Asset Management Unit manager, you will be responsible for collaborating with major functional area across multiple Groups to plan, direct, coordinate, and manage Metropolitan’s asset portfolio. You will manage infrastructure assets to ensure reliability while minimizing the total cost of owning and operating them; develop processes and procedures to capture information for high level and complex decision-making in optimizing asset lifespan and Capital Investment replacement planning; and develop and refine approach to evaluate and measure risk tolerance in collaboration and coordination with managers and staff to guide Metropolitan’s asset management decisions, activities, and investments.
This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification / job.
To view the full job description click here: Operations Projects and Asset Management Unit Manager
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate engineering or related field
• Progressively responsible engineering experience in managing large complex projects and initiatives totaling twelve years of increasingly responsible experience, of which four years must have been in a management position
• A master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate engineering or related field
• Progressively responsible engineering experience in managing large complex projects totaling ten years of increasingly responsible experience, of which four years must have been in a management position
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Valid California Class C Driver’s License or equivalent (required at time of application) that allows you to drive during your employment.
• Must have a California Professional Engineering License in good standing, or equivalent.
• Asset Management Initiative or equivalent implementation experience
• Continuing education coursework in the area of asset management
• Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional certification
• Knowledge and application of ISO 55001
The interview process will include a phone interview, in-person or Skype interview & examination, and if needed, a final interview. We estimate having phone interviews between October 16 & 17 with the second round of interviews taking place as early as October 21 depending upon availability. Please keep your schedules as flexible as possible around these dates so that you'll be able to participate should you be invited.
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent medical, dental, life, vision plans.
• Deferred compensation in the form of a 401(k) plan (with matching contribution) and a 457 plan.
• Retirement benefits under the California Public Employees' Retirement System
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training and advancement opportunities
• Excellent working environment
• Public transportation reimbursements and van pools
• Hub of public transportation: rail, subway, buses, and taxis
• On-site fitness center
For more information on MWD benefits, please use the following link:
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of 26 cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provide its service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high quality water to meet current and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way. Metropolitan’s facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct, five water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.3 billion gallons per day, nine surface water reservoirs, 800 miles of pipeline, and 16 hydroelectric power plants.
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Qualified individuals with disabilities, who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process, please call (213) 217-7738 or email: [email protected]
MWD is a Federal and State EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Application Filing Period: Closes at 4:30 pm PST on the date stated in the job announcement. However it may close prior to the filing end date if sufficient applications have been received. If sufficient applications have not been received, then the filing period end date may be extended.
Sponsorship: Applicants for employment with The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B or other employment-based immigration case).