Warehouse Associate & Material Delivery Driver - Glass & Metals, Inc. - HARRISONBURG, VA - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Glass & Metals, Inc.
SUMMARY: Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within the company warehouses. Delivers materials to jobsites.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS including but not limited to:
- Assist shipping and receiving, and unloading trucks.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or Project Managers storage locker according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or job.
- Delivery of Materials to Jobsites.
- Must be able to drive Pickup Truck (F250/F350 style) w/ 32ft trailer.
- Must be able to drive Box Style Truck for deliveries.
- No CDL required
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for traffic.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- Operating forklifts and company trucks.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Drivers License ability to be insured by company auto insurance.
- Must be able to pass DOT Physical (paid by company)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; Three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders and load lists.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment – Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, etc.
- Vision – Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing General Physical Activities – Performing physical activities that require you to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift/or move up to 75 pounds or more.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather.
- Being exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels.
- Will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, and gloves, and hearing protection.