Digital Communications Specialist - Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District - Oakland, CA - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
Digital Communications Specialist
Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
$7,091.25 - $8,467.75 Monthly
$85,095.00 - $101,613.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/26/19
CLOSING DATE: 05/28/19 11:59 PM
Under general direction, coordinates and participates in the District's digital communication functions and activities in support of the District's websites, social media platforms, and other digital communication channels and programs. Incumbents in this classification work collaboratively to implement the District's digital communication strategies requiring the use of discretion, independent judgment, and creativity in performing the full range of social media/digital communication functions. This classification may provide technical and functional direction and training to assigned professional, technical, and contract staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in Marketing and Community Relations Department at one of the largest bus agencies in California. AC Transit also has an outstanding benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
REPRESENTATIVE FUNCTIONS may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaboratively creates, coordinates, updates, and maintains content for the District websites, social media channels, email marketing, and other digital communication platforms and programs.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the daily functions, operations, and activities of the District's digital communications programs under general direction and within established standards and guidelines.
- Develops and ensures adherence to best practices, policies, and procedures related to the District's digital communication programs; ensures consistency across all platforms and compliance with the District's brand guidelines, design, and content standards.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of digital communication strategies for all communications projects and District initiatives; acts as liaison with District departments, providing consultation and subject matter expertise.
- Ensures that digital communication content is current, accurate, and visually appealing, and posted or removed in a timely manner.
- Performs routine maintenance and assists District staff to troubleshoot technical issues to ensure functional health and optimal performance of digital communications tools and programs.
- Prepares and creates professional content; reviews and edits content for social media posts, web pages, eNews, and ads; collaborates with Marketing and Communications Department teams and District staff in the creation of original content and consistent messaging.
- Analyzes and develops assessment reports to evaluate the effectiveness of the District's digital communication programs and return on investment (ROI).
- Analyzes customer feedback from all digital communication platforms; coordinates response and remediation to customer feedback and complaints with the Customer Relations and Operations Departments.
- Researches, recommends, and implements requests to establish a presence on emerging social media platforms, digital programs, services, and technologies.
- Researches outside service providers, assists in developing procurement requirements, coordinates with contractors, and reviews and manages the digital content hosted by outside service providers.
- Participates in committee meetings as assigned, stays abreast of changing regulations, procedures, innovations, trends and emerging technologies pertaining to the field of digital communications; communicates business implications of new regulations.
- Provides technical and functional direction and training to assigned professional, technical and contract staff as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Digital Communications, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
Experience: Four (4) years of recent, progressively responsible experience in information dissemination, developing and/or administering websites, social media, and/or other digital communications.
Knowledge of:Applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility; principles, practices and programs related to the use of digital assets and content management systems; best practices in web and visual design; principals and practices of analytical methods and techniques; techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively working with the public, vendors, contractors, and District staff; basic principles of providing lead-level supervision, including problem-solving and guidance; copywriting including rules of composition, grammar, and editing; communication tools used for businessfunctions and program, project, and task coordination; software programs and platforms to conduct, compile, and/or administer research, analysis and digital media campaign strategies; advanced proficiency in web content management systems, HTML and CSS, including current standards.
Ability To: Develop and implement creative and innovative digital communications concepts; plan, organize, and evaluate the work of assigned staff engaged in the development of digital campaign elements; provide lead guidance to assigned staff including motivating and training; quickly learn and apply pertinent District rules, policies, and procedures; collect and analyze campaign and subscriber data, evaluate alternative approaches and make recommendations; websites management including page development, maintenance, security, and implementation; effectively represent the District and the Marketing and Communications unit with a variety of internal and external entities; exercise sound judgment within policy guidelines and budget constraints; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; adapt to a rapidly changing environment; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
Special Requirement: Must be willing to work outside regular business hours as required.
Physical Requirements: Must maintain the physical condition necessary to: (1) perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; and (2) possess physical mobility in order to travel to and between District facilities to attend meetings.
THIS POSITION IS A UNION POSITION, REPRESENTED BYAFSCME
To apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/actransit/jobs/2430197/digital-communications-specialist
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job-related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug-Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency