Company: Metropolitan Water District
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of twenty six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. MetropolitanÃs mission is to provide its service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high quality water to meet current and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way. MetropolitanÃs facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct, five conventional water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.6 billion gallons per day, nine surface water reservoirs, 800 miles of pipeline, and 16 hydroelectric power plants.
The Metropolitan Water DistrictÃs Administrative Services Section currently has one (1) opening for a Senior Administrative Analyst within the Document Services Unit located at its headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. As the Senior Administrative Analyst you will perform a wide variety of administrative activities in dealing with managing the Metropolitan Water DistrictÃs Historical Records program and Archives. You will be the main point of contact to our organizationÃs archives in preservation and storage. This would include access to, professional care, daily management and maintenance. As part of the Senior Administrative Analyst role, you will refine, implement, and uphold archival policies and procedures with regard to processing, documenting and accessing archival collections working in conjunction as part of the team to supports Records Management and Imaging Services efforts.
You will need to use different approaches and methodologies to develop, interpret and evaluate possible solutions. The work process can require developing new techniques, establishing criteria, identifying and defining unknown conditions, resolving critical problems, and incorporating technological developments. The analyst will act as a lead, coordinating and reviewing work assignments of employees performing the same general work on a day-to-day basis.
Within this role you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to effect positive change, manage projects, analyze and solve problems, and interact effectively with internal and external customers of all levels.
1. Conducts and may lead complex research and analyses in a variety of areas; prepares written reports, presents findings and recommendations, and makes presentations.
2. Develops scopes of work, specifications, schedules, budgets and complex solicitations and contracts for a range of projects; participates in the evaluation of proposals; negotiates terms, conditions and cost, and independently resolves complex contractual issues.
3. Plans and coordinates projects within area of responsibility, including developing scope, methodology, quality control measures, budget and schedule.
4. Conducts cost benefit, statistical, and trending analyses in order to make recommendations on business and financial issues.
5. Assists in providing enterprise-wide program administration for services that may include budgeting, financial reporting, and internal control assessments.
6. Authors complex reports, studies, manuals, training materials, procedures, Board letters, and other documents for management, the Board, and external entities; develops formats to facilitate clear understanding of materials to be presented.
7. Analyzes budgetary, financial, and statistical data; analyzes variances and recommends corrective measures; develops budget and budget reports, technical information, and analyses to assist management in budget administration and compliance; evaluates the impact of staffing and organizational changes or other management directives on budget allocations and recommends appropriate action.
8. Acts as Project Manager; plans, coordinates, and conducts projects within area of responsibility, including monitoring scope, quality, budget and schedule.
Work Schedule: 9/80 Monday - Friday with alternate Fridays off
Job Related Selection Criteria
- 10% Job Preparation (education, experience, and training relevant to this position)
- 10% Team Work
- 15% Technical Knowledge & Skills
- 15% Oral Communication
- 10% Written Communication
- 10% Project Management
- 10% Analytical Ability
- 10% Interpersonal Effectiveness
- 10% Conflict Management
Education and Experience: BachelorÃs degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and six years of relevant experience; OR MasterÃs degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and four years of relevant experience; OR two years in an MWD Analyst classification.
A related field for a college degree is defined as a degree in Business or Public Administration, Records Management, Information Management, Library Science, or Law/Legal or other related degree.
Relevant experience is defined as 6 years (with a BachelorÃs degree) or 4 years (with a MasterÃs degree) of previous experience in an active Records Management program which may include records inventories, retention schedules, paper and electronic filing systems, records management techniques (required) and Enterprise Content Management systems.
Required Knowledge of: Principles, procedures, and practices of business management and analysis; project management; budgeting or finance; financial tracking systems; contract development and administration; pertinent laws, codes and regulations; and current office technology and equipment.
Required Skills and Abilities to: Identify, analyze and resolve complex budgetary, procedural, and organizational issues and implement modifications to existing programs, systems, and procedures; provide project management support and manage projects; research, gather and compile data; prepare and review correspondence, documents, and reports; administer contracts; prepare clear and concise reports; monitor budgets and utilize financial tracking systems; use applicable software applications; prepare & deliver presentations; organize and prioritize work; use independent judgment and exercise discretion; problem solve; prioritize and multi-task; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; work independently and in a team environment; lead and train; and operate current office equipment including computers and supporting applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Valid California Class C DriverÃs license or equivalent from state of residency that allows you to drive in the course of your employment (Must have at time of application).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the job duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties.
Physical Demands: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as paper, books, or small parts; driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment: The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent medical, dental, life, vision
- Retirement plans, including pension plan and 401k
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Excellent working environment
- Public transportation reimbursements and van pools
For more information on MWD benefits, please use the following link: http://www.mwdh2o.com/PDF_Careers/benefits.pdf
This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. To receive a copy of the complete job description, please send an email to email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities may be requested by calling (213) 217-7738 at least 5 working days in advance of the scheduled examination date(s).
MWD is a Federal and State EO employer Ã± Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://mwdh2o.contacthr.com/66148788
This job is currently active.