Transportation Security Manager - Transportation Security Administration - Boston, Massachusetts - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Transportation Security Administration
As a Transportation Security Manager (TSM) for the Office of Security Operations (OSO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), your duties will include:
- Managing screening checkpoints that are central to TSA objectives that serve to protect the traveling public by preventing any deadly or dangerous objects from being transported onto an aircraft.
- Recognizing and recommending correction of improper use or application of equipment, providing guidance to subordinates, and answering routine questions presented by subordinates.
- Managing and supporting the collections of various performance metrics in an effort to identify areas in need of process improvement and systemic or individual weaknesses, vulnerabilities, or inefficiencies in the screening process.
- Coordinating national and local crisis management and incident response protocols.
- Recognizing and understanding the customer service needs of the traveling public and balances these needs with safety and security in mind.
- Working cooperatively with airport stakeholders in furtherance of the TSA mission.
- Monitoring individual performance and providing frequent communication in order to promote screener development.
Supervisory/Managerial duties includes serving as a first line supervisor for the organization. This includes but is not limited to: assigning work, setting priorities, and reviewing and evaluating work and performance of subordinates; approving leave; coaching and developing employees; recommending corrective or disciplinary actions; assisting in budget planning and projecting short-term needs; managing projects within assigned resources; resolving routine problems that typically impact the objectives of the organizational unit; and when required, coordinating with customers outside the immediate organization.
To qualify for the SV-H Pay Band (equivalent to the GS-12), you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the SV-G Pay Band or the GS-11 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. The specialized experience for this position would include: administrating, coordinating, or supervising/managing programs/services providing aviation security, corporate security, or force-protection affecting personnel, equipment, and facilities.
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour workweek. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
- You must maintain eligibility for a security clearance.
- You must be available to work various shifts and overtime, as needed.
- You must be proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, and listening).
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must pass pre-employment Drug Screening AND you will be subject to post-employment random drug and alcohol testing.
- Selective Service registration is required.
Department of Homeland Security
Transportation Security Administration
Address DHS/Transportation Security Administration
Shared Service Center
2650 Park Tower Drive