Senior Mortgage Loan Processor - HSBC - Depew, New York
Click Here to Apply Online
North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
- Deliver excellent
customer service to a wide range of HSBC RBWM local and international customers
(whille ensuring the cost effectiveness of the operation).
- Handle all
functions and regulations related to loan processing.
- Deliver upon
quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, in line with our
business strategies and regulatory requirements (scorecard).
review and understand work practices and policies to ensure ongoing audit and
risk standards are met.
- Ensure fair
outcomes for customers are delivered in all situations.
Impact on the Business
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the customer
during the mortgage origination process while providing continual status
updates to the client and the loan officer through loan approval/closing
- Collect the loan conditions pursuant to HSBC guidelines and
prepare the file for submission to underwriting. Work to resolve any additional
required conditions to ensure timely approval/closing.
- Build relationships with aligned sales partners and internal
- Proactive management/execution of an average active loan pipeline
of 35-40 loans
- Proactive pipeline management to ensure all client
contractual closing date and rate locks are met
- Achieve published
standards and other key performance indicators (attendance, revenue, retention,
service levels, operational risk, etc).
- Meet all
performance targets including standards in quality and productivity.
- Abide by first
call resolution in alignment with global standards to promote customer
- Mortgage Retail
- Mortgage Direct
- Mortgage Business
Development and Customer Acquisition
- Credit risk –
- BRCM and
Compliance functions supporting RBWM
Quality Control - RBWM
- Private Bank
Mortgage team – sales and credit
- Key vendors
supporting Mortgage Loan Originations at HSBC
- Third Party
Management function in HSBC
- Head of Mortgage and Mortgage Leadership Team
- Plan and
prioritize work appropriately considering importance, urgency, customer and
- Deliver excellent
customer service .
- Champion and
embrace change and innovation
ownership and common sense with all that you do, sharing best practice.)
- Communicate the
HSBC vision, values and goals to others clearly and consistently.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintain highest
standards of risk management, control and compliance.
- Reduce overall
operating losses and credit risk within management control.
- Maintain KYC
- Implement and
apply the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team
plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating
with colleagues to maximize integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate and
embed HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial
and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early
identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Provide timely,
accurate, quality information to stakeholders to meet business and regulatory
- Deliver desired outcomes – positive customer
experience, reduced cost per loan, increased through-put, regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance in a complex environment with
demanding internal standards, multiple internal control functions and multiple
- Completing multiple tasks under aggressive time
constraints while making accurate decisions with a sense of urgency.
Management of Risk
- Working with a
wide range of direct and functional areas
- Close collaboration with mortgage management
team, RBWM Credit risk, Legal and Compliance to constantly execute operations
and meet our customer needs.
compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory
standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing
Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical
demands. Minimal handling of light materials.The physical demands/work
environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
Observation of Internal
HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal
and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
This position requires an individual with:
- Loan Processing experience as well as knowledge of Mortgage systems (both LOS and Image)
- Minimum of 5 years proven bank, mortgage business, mortgage systems related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications, organizational, analytical, administrative, problem-solving, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent HSBC systems and software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and objectives independently and within the team.
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]
This job is currently active.