This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Gift Planning, Program Director.
Applications will be accepted until 8/11/2019.
The Director of Gift Planning will represent the University with leading benefactors to identify, cultivate, and successfully manage a portfolio of prospective benefactors with a capacity to make planned gifts (including charitable trusts, charitable gift annuities, bequests, gifts of real estate, gifts of appreciated property and securities, and gifts of retirement plan assets and life insurance policies).
The Director will have primary fundraising responsibilities and will also provide comprehensive gift planning services in consultation and coordination with other fundraising units for the University. He or she will report to the Senior Director of Gift Planning and will join a dedicated, University-wide advancement team, working together to establish Notre Dame's financial security and expand its unique vision for the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Law degree or CPA or CFP certification.
• 7 or more years of experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills that facilitates positive cooperation with gift planning prospects and their legal and financial advisors.
• Experience with legal research and drafting skills.
• Working knowledge of estate planning techniques, tax law and the general body of statutory, regulatory, and case law regarding planned gifts.
• Project management experience.
• Willingness to travel: 25% – 50%.
• Previous experience in fundraising in general or planned giving specifically is preferable.
• Formal academic course work in disciplines that address federal and state income and estate tax laws and regulations.
• Experience working closely with legal and financial advisors in a consultative capacity.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S18964. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency