Director of Environmental Sustainability - Cardinal Glass Industries - St Louis Park , MN - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Cardinal Glass Industries
Director of Environmental Sustainability – Cardinal IG Company
Cardinal IG Company is seeking a professional to design, develop, and implement Cardinal’s environmental and sustainability strategy and ensure environmental compliance. The successful candidate will engage with leaders at all levels of the organization to ensure environmental regulatory compliance and promote sustainability. Cardinal’s underlying sustainability mission is to be the demonstratable leader when compared to our peer group worldwide. This position will report directly to the President of Cardinal IG company.
Cardinal IG (a division of Cardinal Glass Industries) is a manufacturer of sealed Insulating Glass (IG) units for the North American window market. Cardinal Glass Industries is the largest residential glass supplier in North America, with 40 facilities located throughout the US. Cardinal is a management-owned company founded in 1962 that has grown to more than 7,200 employees. www.cardinalcorp.com
Cardinal IG Company operates with the values of Safety, Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage, and Family.
Environmental Regulatory Responsibilities
- Ensuring the understanding and compliance to all applicable environmental laws and regulations at Cardinal IG’s thirteen facilities.
- Lead and influence teams at our production facilities.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental programs for compliance assurance.
- Perform site assessment reviews at each facility.
- Provide guidance and direction to management for ensuring environmental compliance.
- Identify and share best practices through the company.
- Provide training at our facility level to increase knowledge.
- Using the success of these programs develop understandable and marketable descriptions of our achievements.
- Represent Cardinal IG with stakeholders, internal and external, in matters related to sustainability and the environment.
- Assess the impact of environmental laws and regulations (local, state, and federal) as they affect the company’s operations. Track new regulations as they may develop.
- Prepare, obtain, and renew permit applications, agreements and generate environmental reports as needed by regulatory agencies.
- Investigate environmental incidents and propose corrective actions.
- Assist in developing a culture of environmental excellence in our company.
- Plan, lead, implement, and benchmark sustainability programs based on science-based goals and targets.
- Work with material and equipment supply chain partners to benchmark and ensure they are able, willing, and actively contribute to Cardinal’s overall long-term sustainability success.
- Gather, analyze, and monitor sustainability data. Provide trend reports and formulate recommendations.
- Serve as a company representative for environmental and sustainability policy engagement at the international, national, and local levels.
- Prepare EPDs’ and other customer-facing disclosures.
- Provide input to industry groups on PCR development and similar documents.
- Collaborating with Directors of Environmental Sustainability in other Cardinal Subsidiaries.
- A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in an Environmental or Technical field is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in and knowledge of applicable environment regulations.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing sustainability strategies and overseeing environmental management.
- Past and proven leadership experience is a must.
- Experience in the fenestration or building components industries is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
Critical Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work under pressure, e.g. multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with all levels of leadership in a diverse workplace.
- Ability to provide status updates as required or requested.
- Ability to prioritize daily workload, demonstrate flexible, logical, and reflective behavior.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential information ethically and professionally.
- Effective communications skills both written and oral.
- Excellent analytical ability to proactively work out problems and implement solutions.
- Effective attention to detail, organization, and a high degree of accuracy.
The position will require regular travel to all of Cardinal IG’s North American production facilities. Frequent travel is required.
The position requires officing in one of Cardinal IG’s facilities.