Business Development Manager - Lowenstein Sandler - Washington, DC - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Lowenstein Sandler
If you are a CA resident, please CLICK HERE to read the required CCPA Notice prior to applying.
Who We Are:
Lowenstein Sandler is one of the most sophisticated law firms in the United States, with over 350 lawyers and 300 business services professionals serving clients from offices in New York, Palo Alto, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington, D.C. We recruit candidates who seek a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that prioritizes our clients, our colleagues, and the communities where we work and live. Committed to career development and to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, the firm offers many programs and opportunities for personal and professional growth. We seek professionals for our business services group who share these values.
- Law firm experience.
- Global Trade/Antitrust experience.
- Secondarily - Real Estate, Investment Management or Bankruptcy experience.
What You Will Do:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting the sales and marketing plans and goals of the practice group, and reports to the Director of Business Development.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Work with practice chairs to develop strategic practice group plans and lead the execution, reporting and tracking on these shared goals and objectives.
- Regularly conduct market research to identify market trends, potential clients and opportunities for the practice group and prepare market research briefings for partners based on this research.
- Work with partners (and individually) to understand their areas of expertise and client base; solicit their ideas for business development and create plans to achieve revenue growth.
- Manage the selling process and work closely with partners to initiate and follow-up on sales leads, prospective client meetings, sales preparation, and follow up.
- This includes coaching attorneys, responding to RFP’s and pitches, prepping and debriefing pitch teams and managing prospect pipelines.
- Support integration efforts for lateral partners by developing and implementing marketing and client-facing initiatives to support their individual lateral integration plans.
- Manage the submissions process for major publications’ awards and rankings (e.g. Chambers).
- Assist with the coordination of practice group events, sponsorships, advertisements and speaking engagements.
- Work closely with the communications team and PR agency to promote the successes of the practice, including identifying client-alert opportunities, media, trade publications and publishing and speaking opportunities.
- Collect, track and report on matter data for the Firm’s experience database project.
- Identify and develop relationships with organizations outside the Firm including industry and trade organizations, trade publications and associations.
- Manage practice-group business development budget; report on all expenditures and track and report return on investment.
- Regularly collaborate with other business development managers to identify and execute cross-selling and cross-marketing opportunities.
- Manage the daily activities of assigned business development coordinators and train/coach them in their career development.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS), preferably in a marketing-related field.
- Marketing/business development background preferred; law firm experience a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work proactively and independently in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and multiple tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strength in interacting and communicating effectively at all levels, both within and outside the firm.
- Good systems and database skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM applications.
- Flexibility, responsiveness, adaptability, and professional maturity.
- Regular, predictable attendance required.
Office Location: Washington, DC (preferred) or Roseland, NJ
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Amount of Travel Required: Some travel between Roseland, Washington DC, CA and NY offices
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms are to be deemed the sole property of Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Lowenstein Sandler LLP as a result of the referral.
Lowenstein Sandler LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.