Direct Relationship Manager - HSBC - Depew, New York
Click Here to Apply Online
North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
The Direct Relationship Manager is a remote sales based customer facing role managing Premier and high opportunity Advance client portfolios within the Direct Relationship Banking segment, with specific focus to develop, retain & collaborate with partnered specialists by identifying customer needs and opportunities to create deeper relationships, via phone, video and other digital enabled tools.
Be proficient using profiling techniques by conducting Individual Reviews with the Engage Discover React Action & Solution (EDRAS) model to discover customer needs and recommend customer centric solutions. Collaborate with partnered specialists to assist with fulfilling customer needs outside of your expertise.
Responsible for the onboarding and activation of customers entering the portfolio via referrals from multiple alternative channels, review sales and servicing needs while delivering excellent customer experience and manage the retention of existing customers by undertaking regular Individual Reviews utilizing market tools.
Delivers propositions by providing a consistently excellent customer experience, superior quality advice, consultation and coordination of the International Sales and Service to Corporate, Premier/ Premier One Premier All and high value Advance clients with global financial servicing needs on and activities driven team.
- Monitor client satisfaction data implementing portfolio level improvements.
- Structures day to perform key essential activities, ex. outbound calls and pre-booked appointments.
- Manages assigned Leads from contact to completion.
- Work with the broader branch, support and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures by recommending differentiated products and services to the client.
- Enthusiastic call handling with pride and ownership over actions and professional decorum.
Impact on the Business
- Offers value added products and services based on customer need and ensures customer understanding of those products.
- Partner effectively with all channels, (where applicable) during onboarding, referrals, and the migration of low value, high volume activities to direct channels to ensure a seamless customer experience.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Meeting customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy, timeliness and professionalism via the telephone.
- Completion of individual reviews using EDRAS to establish and address immediate and future financial needs as primary contact with customers and responsible for the customer journey of products sold or referrals.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Individuals are responsible for their own effectiveness, development and results. Specialist or Subject Matter Experts, where matrix management and understanding of Group strategy is expected. Their contribution is often as a technical/professional specialist in their field.
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behavior, actions and decision making.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role.
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together.
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures.
- Continuously monitor and gather information to assess potential impacts and identify possible risks and opportunities for the business.
- Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
Management of Risk
- Ensure fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- Responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Minimum of 3 years proven and progressive financial
services roles or equivalent, with evidence of building and providing excellent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual candidates desired
fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese,
Spanish, and Portuguese skill set
- Strong sales, communication, cross-selling, sales
planning, mathematical, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Strong relationship management/building, customer
service, time management and prioritization skills.
- Broad knowledge of financial services products and
services and the customer relationship management system.
- Understanding of small business customer segment
and products and services appropriate to compliment both Premier and Advance
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]
This job is currently active.