Producing Sales Manager - HSBC - Depew, New York - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
This position is responsible for the supervision of multiple teams or functional areas within the customer service call center. Responsible for ensuring quality service is provided and sales solicitation is performed. Monitors operational and sales statistics, conducts quality checks and reviews to ensure compliance with departmental standards and/or service level agreements and sales goals are met. Analyzes key call center metrics to improve productivity and effectiveness. Assists in the development, monitoring and reporting of key performance measures. Ensures area is fully staffed and well trained to meet servicing and sales objectives.
Impact on the Business
- Provide input to and participate in the development of policies and procedures for the area and ensure compliance with Company operating and regulatory policies.
- Analyze and adjust operational and sales performance objectives to address changing business needs.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Serve as primary liaison to other departments.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Manage a team of Unit Managers/Supervisors and customer sales and service personnel through the effective use of Management Information Systems and other monitoring techniques.
- Provide coaching, feedback and development of Unit Managers relative to department quality and production.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Recommend and review production and quality reporting necessary to meet business/function objectives.
- Assist in the preparation and is responsible for ongoing maintenance of area budgets and expense control.Provide any required variance analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring area is fully staffed and well trained to meet servicing and sales objectives.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Manages a minimum of three Unit Managers. Generally oversees staff of 50 to 80 employees. May have responsibility for activities supported offshore. Depending on the business unit, may serve as the highest level of functional management at a site, which may substitute for larger staff size responsibility.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
Impact on the Business
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.