Vice President, Commercial Management - Metrolinx - Toronto, NA - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
VICE PRESIDENT, COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. We lead planning in the region with a Regional Transportation Plan that guides the work and investments of the organization. This includes building light transit, bus rapid transit and Regional Express Rail, as well as operating GO Transit, UP Express and PRESTO.
The Vice President, Commercial Management provides strategic leadership and oversight of commercial decision-making for PRESTO, Marketing and I&IT and, in situations where executive involvement is warranted, provides commercial advice to the President and CEO, Senior Management Team (SMT), and other Metrolinx leaders.
- Leads the development and deployment of a commercial management strategy within the business unit and across the corporation
- Champions and leads the commercial management function PRESTO, Marketing and I&IT, throughout the lifecycle of all material contracts
- Informs strategic planning and policy development to ensure fiscal responsibility, value for money and contract management best practices
- Establishes benchmarks and develops appropriate metrics, monitoring systems and reporting functionality
- Oversees KPI performance and reporting for material projects and contracts
- Works with the Executive Vice President - PRESTO, Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Information Officer to complete budget planning, monitoring and forecasting as required
- Manages and supports the negotiation of contract documents, on behalf of the business unit and in collaboration with the General Counsel and legal team
- Manages and leads the negotiation and resolution of issues, disputes and claims for the business unit;
- Supports the Board and its committees, and provides expert advice, influences decisions and makes recommendations on commercial and contract management issues
- Provides strategic advice to SMT and the Board on the commercial implications of various matters
- Provides subject matter expertise in the area of complex projects, including in the areas of risk, quality, safety and security
- Cultivates and sustains effective working relationships and regular communications with third party partners, key stakeholders, external agencies, and diverse interest groups
- Effectively deals with significant commercial issues, including complex technology and operational challenges to ensure the completion of key projects and strategies; facilitates collaboration and cooperation between stakeholders and external vendors
- Champions the Commercial Management model and governance of the delivery, shared support, central support and enterprise teams
- Establishes processes, controls and measures to support the commercial management strategy and to monitor contract compliance
- Ensures compliance with Metrolinx financial and budgeting programs and provides spending oversight
- Directs a team of professionals through a number of subordinate directors/manager
- Demonstrates leadership and core competencies at a high level of development and is an exemplary model of living the corporate Values and Code of Ethics
- Leads, mentors and motivates a diverse workforce; sets the standards and expectations for work quality
Location: 97 Front Street West, Toronto
- Completion of a degree in Business Administration or a related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent; Graduate level degree is an asset.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in progressively senior project leadership roles; experience leading large complex projects with measured success in the application of commercial management methodology in the context of multi-million dollar projects; IT payments industry, financial services and/or marketing experience is an asset; public sector experience is an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or international equivalent accreditation an asset.
- Experience negotiating large commercial agreements and with the implementation of major IT projects is an asset.
- Understanding of legal, regulatory and policy requirements (including privacy) applicable to IT and/or digital projects.
- An understanding of contract law is required; an understanding of marketing law and advertising standards is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of procurement structures, principles, methodologies and practices.
- Expert knowledge of the stage gate design and delivery process for major projects.
- Knowledge of fiscal reporting principles, government decision-making and approval processes, and budget development methodologies.
- Senior level managerial expertise to provide leadership to an operating or functional unit within the business unit and to other teams.
- Knowledge of project management methods, principles and best practices to lead diverse projects teams is required.
- Commitment to a superior customer experience, including service-focused leadership.
- Strategic thinking and strong decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Strong Interpersonal and oral/written communication skills and ability to synthesize complex information into simple actionable insights and communicate technical and commercial requirements at all organizational levels.
- Highly developed relationship management and negotiation skills, as well as keen political acuity.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than April 25, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Issued: April 16, 2019