Practice Area Leader, Technology Enablement
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to 6,000+ employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, 2017 and 2018, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom Consulting is looking for an entrepreneurial and progressive leader to lead the growth and success of our local practice. The Practice Area Leader will provide thought leadership to our clients, set strategic direction for the practice, and ultimately drive sales, recruiting, consulting, and operational efficiencies. This individual will also be accountable for ensuring the overall quality execution of technology consulting across a breadth of expertise areas that include Technology Strategy, Cloud and DevOps.
• Accountability for the practice, including driving sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
• Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing clients.
• Manage executive and Senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships and expand Slalom’s client portfolio.
• Work with teams to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings.
• Participate in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements; manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership.
• Mentor, develop, and proactively support practice capabilities per market demand.
• Support recruiting and on boarding of new employees and development of leaders.
• 10+ years of experience focused in software engineering engagement–based consulting experience or equivalent industry experience.
• P&L experience from a comparably sized consulting firm.
• Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally.
• Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up.
• Deep experience with managing people, including mentoring and leadership skills.
• Extensive background in Cloud and DevOps.
• Expert business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization).
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job is currently active.