Landscape Designer - Gilmore and Associates - Philadelphia, PA - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Gilmore and Associates
We are currently seeking a full-time Landscape Designer (Landscape Architect-in-Training) for the Landscape Architecture Department in our Philadelphia Office to develop and design a variety of urban and suburban projects including parks, playgrounds, recreation/athletic facilities, trails, corporate/commercial development, residential development, campuses, institutional projects, schools, green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) and streetscapes.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and assembles site analysis documents, concepts diagrams, and reports for projects.
- Prepares site plans and construction documents (layout, grading, drainage, erosion control, planting)
- Prepares construction details and specifications
- Coordinates design direction with senior level staff and project managers.
- Prepares renderings and graphics for projects.
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) or Bachelor of Science Degree in Landscape Architecture (BSLA).
- 2 to 4 years of Landscape Architecture experience
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional graphic skills, both hand and computer generated
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of plant materials commonly used in the Philadelphia region
- General knowledge construction materials and methods and assembly of construction/contract documents
- General knowledge of grading and drainage design and stormwater management practices
- Comfortable in working well with a team, as well as being an individual performer
Essential Position Requirements:
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required