This button will open the login/register page in a new tab. After logging in, come back to this page and refresh your browser.
Product Development Manager
Rooster Products International, Inc. | San Antonio, TX
July - Present
In my long career with Rooster Products, I have been challenged to take on several roles within the organization. Each one has contributed to my extensive body of knowledge.
November - Present: Product Development Manager
As of November of , I have transitioned into a creative position within my company. My focus has been to contribute to corporate success by leveraging my team building skill and developing an e-strategy for the organization. Since this move, my responsibilities include:
• Leading the Product Management team
• Managing account programs totaling $ million in revenue
• Establishing product offerings based on market research and financial analysis
• Creating Sales support literature and customer presentations
• Product Design and factory communications
• Developing and implementing our e-Strategy
WORK EXPERIENCE (continued)
Prior November , my roles within the company grew from the narrow focus of our EDI program to the global vision of the Business Analyst. My varied roles have included the following:
July - November - EDI Analyst
My starting role with Rooster was as the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Analyst. I developed and managed the entire EDI program, from infrastructure and application strategies to client/customer relations. Some key aspects are:
• Document life cycle
• Partner setup
• Partner Testing / Certification
• Gentran Server for Windows and Gentran Integration Suite (AS) Installation and Administration
• Designed and developed automated invoicing system for legacy MRP
• Custom EDI/Positional, EDI/ODBC mapping
May through November - Information Technology Manager
Although I retained the sole responsibility for the EDI program, I added the title of Information Technology Manager. In this position, my scope expanded to include management of the IT team and a + node Windows Enterprise network. My additional responsibilities included:
• /, Six Sigma Server Uptime
• Personnel Management and Team Building
• Administrative / Budgeting
• Writing, implementing and upkeep of corporate technology policies
May - November : Business Analyst
Between May and November I moved into the role of Business Analyst, In that position I was challenged to:
• Establish baselines for the metrics
• Develop and implement efficient business processes
• Create time weighted work flow analysis
• Write policy and procedure
During my year tenure, I have run several corporate projects from start to finish. A few of them are listed below:
• Integrated new Distribution Center into our network, completed on time and % under budget
• Gentran Integration Suite Implementation
• MRP Upgrade from Btrieve DB to MS SQL , increasing DB efficiency nearly %.
• Service provider changes (telecom)
• Implemented SAN solution and data migration off stand-alone servers
• Implement Disaster recovery plan and backup protocols
• Switch and Router Upgrade
Microsoft Visio , XHTML, DHTML, Adobe CS - Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, Microsoft Office Suite , Gentran Integration Suite, Gentran Server for Windows, Microsoft Project
PENDING - CAPM Certification
Project Management Institute: My application is approved and pending test.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS / AFFILIATIONS
AHMA HTF Forum
Organization that meets annually to discuss EDI and Global Item Sychronization within the Hardlines Industry
Professional networking site. My profile can be viewed at http://www.linkedin.com/in/verdandee
• Utilized the New Warehouse to develop a new backup strategy that allows us to maintain near-line data offsite with no additional expense to the company.
• Re-negotiated contracts and restructured telecommunications, realizing approximately $, in annual savings and recovered $, for the company in one deal.
• Aligned departmental goals with Company objective by creating a business strategy for the department including user policies, internal procedures and growth plans.
• Increased system availability to over .% using scheduled maintenance, redundancy and control procedures.
• Implemented policies and guidelines that reduced the legal liability of the organization and allowed the recovery of +% of the network resources.
• Learned EDI mapping independently to alleviate the need for outsourcing providing a savings of $,. in annual operating expenses and $,. savings on a single project.
• Authored Procedures that improved efficiency and accuracy resulting in % transaction process rate and enhanced customer relations.
• Selected as of from ,+ Trading Partners to participate in pilot EDI program for one of the company\\\'s largest customers, The Home Depot.
• Instituted policies to reduce customer fines saving the company in excess of $, annually.
• Incorporated New Trading Partners from a company merger into the current infrastructure using internal resources only and cutting % off the project budget.