Company: Sacramento Regional Transit District
Utility Worker (Elk Grove)
SALARY: $16.38 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Elk Grove Service
OPENING DATE: 06/03/21
CLOSING DATE: 06/16/21 11:59 PM
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Internal/External
OFFICIAL DMV PRINTOUT IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION
As a result of the current COVID-19 State of Emergency, SacRT will accept online DMV printouts until further notice.
Cleans and services all Elk Grove Service Area coaches, other vehicles and related service areas. Operates buses for servicing and maintenance purposes. Practices safe work processes and performs related work as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Sweeps, mops, steams, scrapes and washes the interior and exterior of buses, garage floors, pits, parking lots and service areas
• Lifts, moves and dumps trash containers, cleans maintenance offices, storage rooms and other areas
• Performs daily visual vehicle inspections, reports all defects, makes non-mechanical road calls
• Checks and replaces consumables and equipment as necessary, replaces accessories such as light bulbs, mirrors, wiper blades and seat cushions
• Checks engine fluids, refilling as needed, operates CNG fueling equipment
• Operates a variety of equipment including forklifts, ground scrubber/sweeper, power washer, blower and upholstery cleaning equipment
• Installs and replaces vandal guards, fliers and advertisements in buses
• Cleaning of bus stops and bus shelters and all of their amenities. Power washing, graffiti removal, glass replacement, signage replacement, solar panel cleaning and lighting system replacement
• Makes repairs to damaged benches, broken gazing and broken structural parts
This position will be considered a "termed" position, operating Elk Grove Services, and incumbents should recognize the position could be eliminated if the contract is terminated.
Education: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience: Six (6) months of full-time experience performing janitorial and/or industrial cleaning duties or a position responsible for the cleaning, maintenance and/or servicing of a variety of vehicles.
Licenses/Certifications: Must possess a valid Driver's License at the time of application and have the ability to obtain a valid California Class B Driver's Permit with passenger and air brake endorsement(s) prior to the start of employment.
Other Requirements: Must have a satisfactory driving record as determined by SacRT. Must have the ability to pass pre-employment physical/drug screen and Department of Justice criminal background check; must have a verifiable work history and pass employment reference check. Must comply with drug and alcohol testing provisions for safety-sensitive employees as required by the FTA, Department of Transportation (49 CFR, Parts 40 and 655). (See job descriptions for complete list of special requirements, licenses and/or certificates.)
Candidates must submit an official DMV printout at time of application, dated June 3, 2021 or thereafter, at time of application, in order to be considered. Only official DMV printouts issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles are acceptable. Online DMV printout will not be accepted.
FILING INSTRUCTIONS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
The minimum qualifications as stated on this job announcement represent only the basic requirements of the position. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application is required for this position. Applications, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available at our website at www.sacrt.com.
Completed employment application and DMV printout, as outlined above, must be submitted online no later than Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. SacRT will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, a summary sheet is available from the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
SacRT has a stand alone pension plan which is not part of, nor does it have reciprocity with CalPERS.
SacRT is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action EOE/AA Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
This position falls under the ATU, Local 256 Collective Bargaining Unit
This job is currently active.