Company: Lipsey Logistics
This role is responsible for maintaining day-to-day accounting functions with a high level of understanding of business processes to address issues and ensure legal compliance.
(The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this position, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
· Compile information to prepare entries for the General Ledger
· Reconciles General Ledger assets, liability, revenue, and expense accounts
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual closing statements
· Assist in non-exempt payroll
· Ensure balance sheet, income & loss statement, cash-flow statement and tax returns are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
· Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control
· Inspect accounting systems to keep up to date
· Maintain company accounting procedures and processes
· Participates in special projects as assigned
· Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
· Ability to work on a Lipsey site or Lipsey Logistics customer location site while performing the essential functions of this position.
· Uses, carries and answers their cell phone for business purposes as determined by the assigned job duties and the department head
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant business related degree
· 3-5 years in public accounting; transportation industry a plus
· Thorough knowledge of US GAAP practices, SEC requirements, SOX, and other relevant accounting regulations
· Detail oriented, excellent time management, strong analytical skills, excellent oral/written communication
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite products
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Highly organized, detail oriented, in depth accounting and business knowledge
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Certified Public Accountant certification
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Lipsey Logistics, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Lipsey Logistics will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with Human Resources.
This job is currently active.