Company: Lipsey Logistics
This is not an EH&S position. To be considered you must have experience with DOT, HOS, within the transportation/logistics arena.
CLASSIFICATION SUMMARY: Works with management, to ensure compliance with safety, FMCSA and DOT regulations to ensure that every aspect of the company meets the prescribed requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this position, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.)
· Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
· Advises Safety V.P. on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
· Plans and implements training for employees and drivers in safety practices.
· Maintains safety files and records
· Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
· Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
· Assist, set up and conducts DOT training.
· Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
· Assist and maintain environmental reports
· Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
· Ability to work Lipsey Logistics customer location site while performing the essential functions of this position.
· Uses, carries and answers their cell phone for business purposes as determined by the assigned job duties and the department head
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations to effectively write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Lipsey Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lipsey Logistics does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is
decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This job is currently active.