Business Development Capture Vice President - Blackwatch International - McLean , VA - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Blackwatch International
Blackwatch International Corporation (Blackwatch), a small business founded in 2010, provides worldwide mission critical services to the Defense, Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities. We’re headquartered in McLean, VA with satellite offices located in Carmichael, CA and O’Fallon, Ill. Additional work locations include: Europe and the Middle East.
Position Title: Business Development/Capture Vice President
Position location(s): McLean, VA Position Type: Full-time
Years of Experience: 12+ years of experience
Minimum Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain secret security clearance
Blackwatch International is seeking an experienced professional to lead our IT business development initiatives for our Federal Government customers. The Business Development Leader will develop the overall BD strategy for the company, be responsible for sourcing opportunities to develop a robust opportunity pipeline, understanding customer requirements to create a compelling bid, and grow the business within the Federal IT services market. A successful candidate will be able to leverage customer relationships and past experience to capture new work.
- Proactively identify and qualify a robust list of new business development opportunities through the capture process with an acceptable win ratio
- Formulate and execute business development strategies and formal capture plans in assigned markets
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
- Perform market and economic analysis, to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Understand and utilize market trends, mission priorities, and customer goals to envision, shape, and close opportunities
- Represent BWI at industry and client events
- Develop and maintain highly effective relationships with the Government executives, Program Managers, contract management offices and industry partners that drive growth
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Support brand development and market outreach activities
- Act as a liaison with Program Managers to identify customer challenges and potential for organic growth of existing task orders
- Manage communication among and participation by team members to drive business to Blackwatch contract vehicles and maximize win rate
- Quickly identify the right teaming partners for each proposal or task order bid
- Develop non-disclosure and strategic teaming agreements for review and approval of each prime or subcontract business case
- Collaborate with Vice President of Proposals to respond to Sources Sought, Request for Information (RFIs), and Request for Proposal or Quote (RFP/RFQ)
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 12 years of related experience working in the Federal Government market and at least 7 years experience in Business Development Management, Program Management/Administration, and/or Capture Management
- A demonstrated ability to close business deals
- Extensive network of Government and industry relationships
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in Business Development and/or Capture Management including: develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams; assessing win probability; and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizations focused on execution and growth, and build and sustain customer intimacy at the highest levels
- Proven experience in pursuing and capturing new federal business, including building and leveraging relationships, developing effective teaming and win strategies, and writing winning proposals
- Working knowledge of GSA Schedules DoD IQIQs and other GWAC vehicles terms and conditions
- Ability to rapidly identify market landscape and potential incumbent contracts in order to arrive at an informed bid/no bid decision.
- Flexibility to travel as required Preferred Qualifications
- An Active Secret clearance is preferred
- Proven reputation of establishing and maintaining credibility, and influencing senior levels of Government customers and Industry partners
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market and industry research analyses
- Experience with customer relationship manager programs (CRMs) like Salesforce
- Significant experience with Navy purchasing vehicles including NAVSUP Global Business Solutions (GBS) IDIQ
- Experience with CIOSP3 contract vehicles and a working knowledge of requirements to obtain CIOSP4 contract vehicle to include but not limited to scoring requirements.
- Experience selling IT, Cyber and passive infrastructureservices to Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Significant experience sole sourcing contracts through 8a joint ventures, partnerships or vehicles
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)
- Arrives with target opportunities plan
Blackwatch International Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.