Post Closing Specialist - HSBC - Depew, New York
Click Here to Apply Online
North America-United States-New York-DEPEW
- Deliver excellent customer service to a wide range of HSBC RBWM local and international customers (whille ensuring the cost effectiveness of the operation).
- Handle all functions and regulations related to post closing.
- Deliver upon quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators, in line with our business strategies and regulatory requirements (scorecard).
- Continually review and understand work practices and policies to ensure ongoing audit and risk standards are met.
- Ensure fair outcomes for customers are delivered in all situations.
Impact on the Business
- Complete collateral (note) review for salability. Provide support for loan delivery, verify MERS registration.
- Complete full post-closing check list review (disclosures, data etc.)
- Support closing disclosure reconciliation for fee tolerance violations and clerical corrections. Execute amended CD’s and issue refund checks, if applicable.
- Ensure trailing documents and co-issuer requirements are addressed timely.
- Complete review of Final Trailing documents and request corrections if required.
- Flood Pre-Review
- Achieve published standards and other key performance indicators (attendance, revenue, retention, service levels, operational risk, etc).
- Meet all performance targets including standards in quality and productivity.
- Abide by first call resolution in alignment with global standards to promote customer satisfaction.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Mortgage Retail Sales
- Mortgage Direct
- Mortgage Business Development and Customer Acquisition
- Credit risk – RBWM
- BRCM and Compliance functions supporting RBWM
- Underwriting Quality Control - RBWM
- Private Bank Mortgage team – sales and credit
- Key vendors supporting Mortgage Loan Originations at HSBC
- Third Party Management function in HSBC
- Head of Mortgage and Mortgage Leadership Team
Leadership & Teamwork
- Plan and prioritize work appropriately considering importance, urgency, customer and business impact.
- Deliver excellent customer service .
- Champion and embrace change and innovation
- Demonstrate ownership and common sense with all that you do, sharing best practice.)
- Communicate the HSBC vision, values and goals to others clearly and
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintain highest standards of risk management, control and compliance.
- Reduce overall operating losses and credit risk within management control.
- Maintain KYC standards.
- Implement and apply the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximize integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate and embed HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Provide timely, accurate, quality information to stakeholders to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver desired outcomes – positive customer experience, reduced cost per loan, increased through-put, regulatory compliance
- Ensure compliance in a complex environment with demanding internal standards, multiple internal control functions and multiple government regulators.
- Completing multiple tasks under aggressive time constraints while making accurate decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Working with a wide range of direct and functional areas
- Close collaboration with mortgage management team, RBWM Credit risk, Legal and Compliance to constantly execute operations and meet our customer needs.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment: Very good working conditions. Little or no physical demands. Minimal handling of light materials. The physical demands/work environment described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Post Closing or Closing
experience as well as knowledge of Mortgage systems (both LOS and Image)
- Minimum of 2 years proven
bank, mortgage business, mortgage systems related experience or
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
in business, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven communications,
organizational, analytical, administrative, problem-solving, project
management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with personal
computers as well as pertinent HSBC systems and software.
- Ability to meet deadlines
and objectives independently and within the team.
If you would like to notify the Diversity Recruitment team of your application or if you are simply interested in learning about opportunities at HSBC, please email [email protected]
This job is currently active.