Director, Health Economics & Policy (Public Payers) - Ohio Hospital Association - COLUMBUS, OH
Click Here to Email Your Resume
Apply Via Women's Job List
Company: Ohio Hospital Association
The Ohio Hospital Association (OHA) was established in 1915 as the first state-level hospital association in the U.S. OHA currently represents 237 hospitals and 13 health systems throughout Ohio. OHA’s mission is to exist to collaborate with member hospitals and health systems to ensure a healthy Ohio.
This position works in the Health Economics & Policy Department. The Director will meet the qualifications listed below and be primarily responsible for being the OHA’s subject matter expert on governmental payers, hospital reimbursement and hospitals’ patient financial services, as well as working with members to achieve successful policy outcomes on matters of importance within those areas. The Director will serve as support staff to two major membership committees devoted to these areas and help support OHA’s advocacy efforts when needed. Other responsibilities are defined below. This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President, Health Economics & Policy.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in leading the Department’s strategic policy recommendations in areas of expertise, including, but not limited to:
- General Medicare Regulations, Coverage and Reimbursement Policy and Procedures
- Medicaid Reimbursement Policy and Procedures
- Medicare/Medicaid RAC Contracts, Education and General Activity
- BWC Reimbursement Policy and Annual PPS Updates
- CHAMPUS TriCare & VA Reimbursement
- Serve as the primary staff liaison with the Admitting, Billing & Collecting (ABC) Committee.
- Serve as support staff to the OHA Finance Committee.
- Provide general Patient Financial Services Membership Education & Support.
- By the Numbers Monthly Newsletter Editor/Manager.
- Co-manage administrative assistant in Health Economics and Policy area.
- Develop products and services to support member hospitals in their efforts to be economically sustainable.
- Collaborate with regional hospital associations, healthcare service organizations, state and federal government agencies, health plans and other partners to coordinate health economic initiatives.
- Work with OHA committees and subsidiary Boards to ensure member value.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in public policy, economics, health care administration or related field.
- 5 years of hospital-related reimbursement experience.
- Advanced user knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of and interest in current and emerging issues in health care payment reform.
- Knowledge of Ohio administrative and legislative processes.
- Knowledge of health care industry trends and new developments.
- Knowledge of health plan and hospital operations, including billing and payment systems.
- Strategic thinker with sound judgment and political savvy.
- Ability to work in an open, team environment as well as independently.
- Candidate must be able to work simultaneously on several activities and handle multiple demands with efficiency and tact.
- Effective communicator with internal and external audiences including colleagues, physicians, OHA Board members, and staff; should have excellent written communication and presentation skills.
The Ohio Hospital Association is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
A cover letter and resume should be emailed to:
Executive Vice President, Health Economics & Policy
Ohio Hospital Association
155 E. Broad Street, Suite 301
Columbus, OH 43215
This job is currently active.