Company: Sacramento Regional Transit District
Human Resources Department
2810 O Street Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone: (916) 556-0298
Fax: (916) 457-7194
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE AND OFFICIAL DMV PRINTOUT ARE REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION
FINAL FILING DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2019
• Sweeps, mops, steams, scrapes and washes the interior and exterior of buses, garage floors, pits, parking lots and service areas
• Lifts, moves and dumps trash containers, cleans maintenance offices, storage rooms and other areas
• Performs daily visual vehicle inspections, reports all defects, makes non-mechanical road calls
• Checks and replaces consumables and equipment as necessary, replaces accessories such as light bulbs, mirrors, wiper blades and seat cushions
• Checks engine fluids, refilling as needed, operates CNG fueling equipment
• Operates a variety of equipment including forklifts, ground scrubber/sweeper, power washer, blower and upholstery cleaning equipment
• Installs and replaces vandal guards, fliers and advertisements in buses
• Cleaning of bus stops and bus shelters and all of their amenities. Power washing, graffiti removal, glass replacement, signage replacement, solar panel cleaning and lighting system replacement
• Makes repairs to damaged benches, broken gazing and broken structural parts
This position will be considered a “termed” position, operating Elk Grove Services, and incumbents should recognize the position could be eliminated if the contract is terminated.
Education: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience: Six (6) months of full-time experience performing janitorial and/or industrial cleaning duties or a position responsible for the cleaning, maintenance and/or servicing of a variety of vehicles.
Licenses/Certifications: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application and have the ability to obtain a valid California Class B Driver’s Permit with endorsement(s) prior to the start of employment.
Other Requirements: Must have a satisfactory driving record as determined by SacRT. Must have the ability to pass pre-employment physical/drug screen and Department of Justice criminal background check; must have a verifiable work history and pass employment reference check. Must comply with drug and alcohol testing provisions for safety-sensitive employees as required by the FTA, Department of Transportation (49 CFR, Parts 40 and 655). (See job descriptions for complete list of special requirements, licenses and/or certificates.)
Candidates must submit an official DMV printout at time of application, dated April 4, 2019 or thereafter, at time of application, in order to be considered. Only official DMV printouts issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles are acceptable. Online DMV printout will not be accepted.
The minimum qualifications as stated on this job announcement represent only the basic requirements of the position. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application, supplemental questionnaire and official DMV printout, as outlined above, is required for this position. Applications, supplemental questionnaires, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available at 2810 O Street, Sacramento, CA 95816, or through our website at www.sacrt.com.
Completed employment application, supplemental questionnaire and official DMV printout, as outlined above, must be submitted to the Human Resources Department not later than Wednesday, April 17, 2019. RT does not accept late applications regardless of postmark and will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, a summary sheet is available from the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
RT is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
This position falls under the ATU, Local 256 Collective Bargaining Unit
This job is currently active.