Construction Observer- Municipal - Gilmore & Associates - New Britain, PA - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Gilmore & Associates
The Construction Observers represents existing municipal/governmental clients and performs observation and documentation of construction activities throughout the region.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist project managers with existing client relationships related to land development construction and capital improvement projects, public agency coordination, etc.
- Observe construction activities and document conformance with approved construction drawings/plans, project requirements, standards, and specifications. Construction activities generally include utilities, stormwater management facilities, erosion and sedimentation controls, grading, paving, curb, sidewalk, handicapped accessibility, lighting, retaining walls, landscaping, signage, roadway/bridge construction, and buildings.
- Promptly report exceptions or deviations from approved plans, specifications, and/or construction issues to project manager, construction contractor supervisor, and/or other appropriate party
- Prepare prompt and accurate daily field reports summarizing daily field operations/installations, plan deviations, and corrective actions.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the project manager and the Construction Services Manager
- Possess the ability to accurately read and understand project plans, details, and specifications and ability to convey the design intent to subcontractors and other field personnel
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- 3+ years of field experience in construction observation with a civil engineering consulting or construction management firm
- 1-3 years of field experience in construction and materials testing of site, roads, concrete and utility construction
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Certifications in NICET, NECEPT, ACI, Nuclear Density Gauge Operator, etc.
- Trench/Ladder Training
- First Aid Training
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to obtain, record field data and compile field reports
- Ability to interpret specifications, working drawings and convey intent to contractor
- Possess independence and sound technical judgment
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
- Ability to build relationships with all staff, subconsultants and clients
- Confident, enthusiastic team player with a passion to work in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, stay focused, set clear milestones and execute diverse projects simultaneously
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.
- Possess industry knowledge of proper installation techniques for utilities, stormwater management facilities, erosion and sedimentation controls, grading, paving, curb, sidewalk, handicapped accessibility, lighting, retaining walls, landscaping, signage, roadway/bridge construction, and buildings. (Not sure where to order this within Knowledge Skills & Abilities, but it should rank pretty high).
Essential Position Requirements:
- Travel required
- Night and weekend work required
- Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard hours, as required
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer