Landscape Architect- Project Manager - Gilmore & Associates - Philadelphia, PA - EXPIRED
This is an archive of an expired job.
Company: Gilmore & Associates
We are currently seeking a full-time Landscape Architect/Project Manager for the Landscape Architecture Department in our Philadelphia Office to develop, design, lead, and manage a variety of urban and suburban projects including parks, playgrounds, recreation/athletic facilities, trails, corporate/commercial development, residential development, campuses, institutional projects, schools, green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) and streetscapes.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct and manage all phases of a project from concept through all design phases, construction documentation, specification preparation, bidding, and construction administration.
- Project management duties include developing work plans, hours, and fees as well as managing project budgets and schedules.
- Coordinate and manage the work of junior design staff as well as sub-consultants, including mentoring junior design staff.
- Manage agency approval and community engagement process, including attendance and presentation (public speaking) at public meetings.
- Prepare and assemble site analysis documents, concepts diagrams, and reports for projects.
- Prepare site plans and construction documents (layout, grading, drainage, erosion control, planting, construction details, and specifications).
- Coordinate design direction with senior level staff and management.
- Prepare renderings and graphics for projects.
- Prioritize and manage multiple clients/projects.
- Market, sell and cross-sell professional services for all disciplines and office locations including assisting with proposal writing.
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with clients, subcontractors, etc.
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) or Bachelor of Science Degree in Landscape Architecture (BSLA).
- 6 to 10 years of Landscape Architecture experience
- Registered Professional Landscape Architect in Pennsylvania
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional graphic skills, both hand and computer generated
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of plant materials commonly used in the region
- Knowledge construction materials and methods and assembly of construction/contract documents
- Knowledge of grading and drainage design and stormwater management practices
- Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
- Comfortable in working well with a team, as well as being an individual performer
Essential Position Requirements:
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required