Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Most Recent Job Title:
To obtain a rewarding career while utilizing my teaching experience.
1Number Hidden, BA in Education, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
Professional Licensure/ Certificate /Affiliation/Award
Secondary English (7-12), and K-8(ALL Subjects) License, Tennessee
K-8 Educator License, Pre-Kindergarten Lead Teacher License, Georgia
Differentiated Instruction to Accommodate Learning Styles certificate, Mississippi
Integrating Technology in the Classroom certificate, Mississippi
Professional Association of Georgia Educators (PAGE), Georgia
Effective Co-Teacher Training certificate, Georgia
Unite Way Representative, Baker Middle School, 2011, Georgia
Certificate of Appreciation, May 20, 2011, Georgia
Atomic Learning (Professional Development Resource)
Best Practices Certificate (Columbus State University)
Software/Skills/ Additional Experience
MS Office (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
Destiny (GA book system)
Georgia Online Assessment System (OAS)
Rubicon Atlas (Curriculum Mapping)
Math Handheld Study Buddies w/cartridge
August 2011-Present Elem/MG Substitute Teacher Muscogee County District
- Replace the classroom teacher.
- Plan, organize, and present information and instruction which helps students to learn subject matter and skills that contributes to their educational and social development.
- Have an instruction which is compatible with the school and system-wide curricular goals.
- Interact effectively with students, co-workers, and parents
- Carry out non-instructional duties as assigned and/or as needed
- Adhere to established laws, policies, rules, and regulations
- Follow a plan for professional development.
- Report to and is supervised by the principal.
August 2009-July 2011 Math Teacher/Head Girls Basketball Coach Baker Middle School
- Worked independently in a Title I school, but collaborated with Instructional Supervisor when necessary.
- Improved over 50% of 6th grade math students’ scores on the GA CRCT examination by 5 points or more than their entrance score from 5th grade.
- Demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the GA Performance Standard through by effective teaching and differentiated lesson plans catered to the students’ needs.
- Inspired students to succeed through patience and concern about their ability to succeed as students and future adults.
- Collaborated with Math and Science teachers and Math, Reading, and ELA Instructional Supervisors to assess test result data during planning for results meetings on a weekly basis.
- Implemented program according to Title I regulations, MCSD public school procedures and policies, and contract requirements.
- Maintained student address eligibility list and ensured that only students identified on the list are served.
- Maintained accurate and up to date participant lists, classroom attendance records, and material and equipment inventories.
- Administered diagnostic assessments, interpreted results, and wrote an educational plan (for each student according to their ability.
- Periodically administered diagnostic benchmark assessments and update the educational plan as necessary.
- Worked with Classroom Teachers and/or Administrative Staff to make a schedule for students that meets the minimum number of instructional minutes required as established by contract.
- Assisted in gathering information for planning of school program such as After School and In School Remediation and Advanced Class Student Workshops.
- Developed daily lesson plans for reading and/or math that provide for differentiation and ongoing assessment.
- Created a positive classroom environment which supports engaged student learning.
- Coordinated ongoing communication with Classroom Teachers and Instructional Supervisor regarding the student’s academic program and the student’s progress towards achieving goals.
- Maintained student portfolios and Title I materials in a secure location.
- Communicated with parents on an ongoing basis through meetings, progress reports, and newsletters.
- Encouraged a partnership with parents for their child’s academic success.
- Hosted parent events during the school year as required by MCSD public school guidelines or contract requirements.
- Sent parents quarterly progress reports or per contract requirement.
- Completed the following reports monthly or bi-monthly as required by contract; Eligibility and Participant List updates, Daily Student Attendance, Parent Contacts, Classroom Teacher Contacts, Time Reports, and Material and Equipment Inventories.
- Attended MCSD staff meetings as scheduled.
August 2008-July 2009 Youth Counselor/Teacher Youth Villages
- Taught students with emotional and behavioral problems in a foster care residential setting.
- Administered the Woodcock-Johnson Test of Achievement (WJIII)
- Interpreted data to determine academic needs.
- Prepared daily behavioral observation reports in compliance with school guidelines.
- Created differentiated lesson plans for each student.
- Produced progress notes, attendance records, and grade scores on a daily basis.
April 2006-July 2008 7th grade English/Head Girls Basketball Coach Batesville Jr. High
- Designed differentiated lessons to accommodate various learning styles.
- Served as a Clinical Instructor for The University of Mississippi Teaching Internship program.
- Raised state mandated test scores by improving 90% of students’ reading levels by at least 10
to 20 points
- Assisted with designing and aligning the district’s practice mock test with mandated
- Served as the Head Girls Basketball Coach. .
- Successfully coached 25 girls without an assistant coach.
January 2005-April 2006 GA Pre-K Lead Teacher Childcare Network
- Collaborated daily with Assistant Teacher and Director.
- Demonstrated excellent public relation skills.
- Maintained accurate and current student portfolios.
- Prepared daily student reports for parents.
- Collaborated with parents during monthly parent-teacher conferences.
- Designed creative and functional classroom learning centers.
Aug 2002-Dec 2005 Math Teacher/Track and Cheerleader Coach Como Middle
- Taught math to 105 at-risk youth in a high need school district.
- Designed lessons to accommodate the various learning styles of students.
- Implemented America’s Choice program in math classroom.
- Promoted to the Math Department Chairperson position after 1 year.
- Taught the fundamentals of running and cheering to 55 girls without an assistant coach.
- Planned fundraiser events.
- Served as Proctor and Test Administrator.
Dec 2001-Aug 2002 Preschool On-Site Coordinator Tender Care Learning
- Advised and assisted parents in explanation of academic programs and admissions requirements.
- Provided information on Preschool opportunities and admissions, policies, and procedures as well as activities.
- Communicated with parents via email, telephone, website, walk-in-visits, or scheduled appointments.
- Conducted community enrichment day trips.
- Hosted parent tours.
- Established and exceed performance standards through personal conduct, individual and team attitude.
- Created weekly newsletter.
- Assisted teachers with the daily implementation of curriculum
- Displayed updated parent information and safety regulations.
- Conducted daily safety inspections.
- Assessed school program needs on a monthly basis.
- Supervised 15 staff members.
- Collected weekly tuition fees.
- Led professional development workshops for staff
- Created identification badges for employees.
- Collaborated with staff in weekly faculty meetings.
View More Resumes
M.Sc microbiology fresher Resume
Account Development Manager Resume
Iron and metal(shahbaz12) Resume
Mary Murphy Resume Resume
Voice Process Available Resume
Office Coordinator Resume
Search All Resumes | Submit Your Resume | Search Jobs