Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Most Recent Job Title:
Account Development Manager
My objective is to seek a Company that can utilize my extensive knowledge and sales background to further enhance our mutual careers.
LARRY P. GILGUN
6 Paul Avenue
Salem, Ma. 01970
Phone: Number Hidden Address Hidden Cell: Number Hidden
Senior Sales professional with extensive experience in Direct Headquarter, Broker Management and Independent Co-Op sales in the food and beverage industry. I have a proven track record of providing adept guidance and support to brokers to ensure maximum sales and profit margins. I possess excellent communication, leadership, presentation and problem solving skills. Self-motivated, goal and profit oriented with initiative to learn, grow, and take on new challenges. Computer knowledge includes strong IRI skills. Areas of expertise include:
- BROKER MANAGER
- MULTI LINE MANAGEMENT
- NEW ITEM INTRODUCTIONS
SARA LEE FOOD AND BEVERAGE, Downers Grove, IL 1995 – 2011
Account Development Manager 2008 – 2011
- Handled Headquarter sales calls at C&S Hatfield and Keene, Big M, Grand Union and Foodmaster. Simultaneously handled 19 C&S warehouses nationally. Generated and maintained 1.9 million pounds of Processed Meats which equates to $3.2M in annual sales.
- Broker Manager for Sara Lee Deli and Sara Lee Sweet Goods (Pies and Desserts) and worked with Acosta Fresh Foods with C&S and their Independent Chains.
- Managed the following lines for Sara Lee: Hillshire Farm, Ball Park, Kahns, Jimmy Dean, Sara Lee, and State Fair. Also responsible for Refrigerated Package Meats, Deli and Frozen, as well as involved in all facets of the Perishable Departments.
- Increased volume and dollar sales + 3% each of the past 2 years due to new items and successful programs. I was able to meet Sara Lee Company annual goals and expectations.
Category Development Manager 2006 – 2008
- Focused on covering Headquarter Sales calls and analytical responsibilities for Stop n Shop, Giant MD & PA, and Tops on the Ahold Team.
- Generated over $22 million in sales for Jimmy Dean Frozen Breakfast, Sara Lee Deli Meats, State Fair Corn Dogs, and Sara Lee Frozen Bakery products.
- Introduced new items and promotions, negotiated margins and fees, ensured proper assortment and shelf space resulting in 4% volume and dollar sales growth over year prior.
- Managed Acosta Sales Representatives for Sara Lee Frozen Bakery for all 4 Ahold banners.
Senior Business Manager (Hillshire Farm & Kahn’s) 1995 – 2006
- Won 3 “Sales Champion” awards during first 7 years, highest award sales representative can achieve. Three winners chosen nationally with 250 Sales people under consideration.
LARRY P. GILGUN PAGE 2
Senior Business Manager (cont’d)
- Grew pound and dollar sales on a yearly basis by 4-10% over prior year. Achieved budget goals every year.
- Served as team manager during planning periods; facilitated and implemented quarterly plans for New England region; also managed time line, trade spending and maximization of promotional plans.
- Accountable for Shaw’s Supermarkets, Hannaford Brothers, Kash n Karry, Demoulas MarketBasket, and Star Market Chains.
- Oversaw Distributors including Bozzutos, Agar, Super Valu, Poultry Products. AG New England, AG Maine.
- Oversaw larger independents including Big Y, King Kullen, Roche Brothers and Foodmaster.
- Broker Manager for AJ Letizio (Food Broker) for Sara Lee Deli products.
GENOA SAUSAGE COMPANY, Woburn, MA 1994 - 1995
Regional Sales Manager
Direct Headquarter account sales responsibilities included Stop n Shop and Shaw’s Supermarkets, as well as Broker Manager for Letizio Food Brokers. Oversaw all Genoa Sausage Private Label as well as branded sales.
- Seven new authorizations at Stop and Shop and Shaw’s during my 14 month tenure.
- Overall Genoa Sausage business increased 11% vs. year prior due to new authorizations.
Salem State College
Bachelor of Science - Education
Member of Division II Varsity Hockey team
- JV Head Coach/Varsity Assistant Hockey Coach at Woburn High School.
- Played Semi-Professional Hockey – minor league team for Colorado Rockies NHL franchise.
View More Resumes
Iron and metal(shahbaz12) Resume
Mary Murphy Resume Resume
Voice Process Available Resume
Office Coordinator Resume
Search All Resumes | Submit Your Resume | Search Jobs