Enter Job Title or Keywords Here
US-New York-New York City
Seeking a challenging Security position where extensive experience, training
and interpersonal skills may be professionally utilized
while allowing for advancement.
Presentation of Qualifications
Virginia R. Oliver
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Background includes extensive practical experience and formal training in these key areas:
security … patrol ... front desk procedures … fire and alarm systems … CCTV … crisis management ... search and recovery operations … problem solving … incident/activity reports ... daily logs … tenant relations … customer service … staff development … recruiting … interviewing … training … scheduling … supervision … quality assurance … computers …
• New York State Licensed Security Officer (2/08), Notary Public.
• Highly self-motivated; excellent analytical skills; quick to learn new tasks; interact effectively with management, co-workers and the public; work well independently or as an integral part of a team.
Wackenhut, Elmsford, NY 1/08 to Present
• Responsible for maintaining security at Seasons, an upscale condominium complex with 300 residential and corporate units.
• Duties include patrolling the building and garage, working the front desk, checking residents and visitors in, verifying their identification, issuing keys to residents, receiving packages, monitoring CCTV systems, responding to incidents, resolving problems, preparing daily logs and incident reports, effective tenant relations, and maintaining a safe and secure environment at all times.
• Utilize, operated and maintain fire and alarm systems.
NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD, Newburgh, NY 5/96 to12/02
Food Service Specialist (Staff Sergeant)
• Responsible for all aspects of kitchen operation.
• Duties included preparing hot and cold food items, creating desserts, quality assurance, inventory control, and maintaining high kitchen sanitary standards.
• Supervised up to 15 food service associates, with responsibility for training, scheduling, delegating assignments and ensuring proper completion of work load.
• Additional assignments included search and recovery operations and serving in Saudi Arabia.
• Recognition: two Air Force Achievement Medals.
U.S. ARMY 2/76 to 9/85
Food Service Specialist/Recruiter (Staff Sergeant)
• Handled all aspects of kitchen operation as detailed above.
• Served at various bases throughout the U.S. and Germany.
• Supervised up to 15 food service associates, with responsible for training, scheduling, delegating assignments and ensuring proper completion of work load.
• Also responsible for scheduling appointments, promoting the service and recruiting new soldiers.
• Recognition: two Army Commendation Medals, Army Achievement Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Honorable Discharge.
Continued next page …
VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS, New York, NY 10/87 to 3/07
Central Office Technician
• Provided internal and external customers with information on residential, governmental and business subscribers listed in telephone directories
• Duties included operating verbal and audio response system, conducting Yellow Page Directory searches, handling emergency calls, and providing instructions when required.
• Utilized computers to test line quality and simulate ring tone for new installations and repairs.
• Promoted twice from prior positions of Operator and Facilities Assistant.
• Received numerous awards for outstanding service.
• Served as Coach/Mentor for new staff members.
Neiman Marcus, White Plains, NY 5/86 to 10/87
• Prepared salads, dressings and cold sandwiches.
• Ensured optimal sanitary conditions were maintained in kitchen.
WICT, New Rochelle NY
Completed 8 and 16-Hour Security Officer Training, 11/07
Concordia College, Bronxville NY
B.S. in Business Administration, 12/96
Monroe College, New Rochelle NY
A.A.S. in Managerial Accounting, 4/91
Dean’s List, 9/90 to 4/91
105th Air Force Alumni Association
Air Force Sergeant’s Association
New Rochelle Branch NAACP
March of Dimes Walk America Manhattan
- Excellent references available upon request -
Virginia R Oliver
345 Main Street
New Rochelle, NY 10801
Number Hidden (home)
Number Hidden (cell)
Please accept this letter and attached resume as my expressed interest in joining your organization in a position suitable to my professional qualifications.
As my resume reflects, I am a New York State Licensed Security Officer with extensive practical experience and formal training in security, patrol, front desk procedures, fire and alarm systems, CCTV, crisis management, incident/activity reports, tenant relations, and staff development. Furthermore, these qualifications are complemented by strong interpersonal skills and military experience. With this background, I am certain that I will make a valuable addition to your organization.
Should you need additional information, or to schedule an interview, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. My salary requirements are negotiable.
Thank you for your time and courtesy in reviewing this material. I look forward to your forthcoming response.
Virginia R. Oliver
Display jobs from WomensJobList on your website or blog in minutes. Click here to get the widget now!