Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Most Recent Job Title:
Utilize my writing, public relations and marketing skills in a challenging, fast-paced enviornment.
Public Relations/Marketing Specialist
• Increased software sales leads through self-developed email marketing campaign.
• Identified and eliminated wasteful online marketing spending, providing alternatives.
• Provided ancillary event planning and organization, including press materials and media follow-up.
• Researched and developed website content for Utica Community Schools.
FARMINGTON HILLS, MI
AUG. 2007-JULY 2008
Public Relations Specialist
• Continuously raising membership totals through vigorous promotional campaign of releases, blogging, networking, internet buzz and advertising.
• Use Search Engine Optimized (SEO) press releases to drive traffic to site and attract media attention.
• Responsible for creating monthly newsletter and periodical mailings released to customers.
• Edit and write website content and outside materials for company, researching and incorporating SEO keywords.
MADISON HEIGHTS, MI
Public Relations Coordinator
• Raised pre-registrations by 16 percent from previous years with direct mailings and in-store campaigning.
• Raised walk-in total by 17 percent from previous years using an aggressive media and print advertising campaign.
• Created and distributed press releases to 45 media outlets.
• Responsible for all advertising, staying $1,500 under budget.
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, MI
• Developed, researched and wrote an average of five to seven articles each week using Microsoft Word. Articles included city news, fun features, health issues, opinions and in-depth news and features.
• Designed newspaper pages each week using Quark Xpress.
• Maintained and edited 36 calendars for the five main newspapers.
• Edited copy for the newspapers.
• Covered health and features for two years before receiving promotion to Schools Reporter.
1Number Hidden Oakland University Rochester, MI
Bachelor of Arts - Journalism.
Focus on communication, design, editing and ethics courses.
2008 Public Relations Society of America NY, NY
Programs have included SEO and Online Marketing seminars through their PRSA Teleseminar program.
2009 Macomb Community College Clinton Township, MI
Course focus on 2007 version of PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Word.
SKILLS AND RESOURCES
• Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher, versions 2003 and 2007.
• Internet skills including research, promotion and SEO.
• Media contact lists for most Michigan markets.
• Twitter Account twitter.com/Acorn3
OU Alumni Association
Public Relations of America – National Member
Public Relations Society of America – Detroit Chapter Member
View More Resumes
Viola Williams Resume
Accounts Receivable Manager Resume
Administrative Specialist / Admin Assistant Resume
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE Resume
Interior Designer Resume
Volunteer Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant Resume
Principle Safety Loss Control Consultant Resume
Search All Resumes | Submit Your Resume | Search Jobs