Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Most Recent Job Title:
Senior Mortgage Underwriter
I am currently unemployed and am looking for a position of employment still in the mortgage industry or to obtain employment in a new career field. I have over 10 years of employment as a mortgage underwriter. I have also held positions as an Underwriting Manager, Processing and Closing Manager,recently as a Contract Underwriter with a couple mortgage insurance companies. I am in need of a job. I am open to salary amounts and I am able to do some traveling if necessary. Please review my resume in hopes of obtaining employment.
Donna Marie Smercak
4723 E. Desert Wind Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85044
Number Hidden Home—Number Hidden Cell
Email address: Address Hidden
Conscientious well organized Senior Financial Service Professional with demonstrated success in Underwriting coupled with 10 plus years within mid-management including but not limited to, Processing, Closing and Underwriting within the Mortgage/ Banking industry. Team oriented and able to mentor, direct and support a diverse group of individuals.
• Crisis Management Problem Solving
• Team Building Operations / Productivity Management
• Coach and Mentoring Results Oriented
• Pipeline Management Customer Service Manager-Call Center
• Organized Training and Development
• Proven Analytical skills Fraud Prevention
• Proficient in Desktop Underwriting Lending Limit 650k to 1 millions
• Proficient in Loan Prospector Knowledge of various Computer Systems
• Common Sense Underwriting Proficient in Appraisal Review
• Expertise in Conventional, Non Conventional High percentage of Quality loans sold to investor
12/98 to 06/08 Contract Underwriting---Assignments
Wells Fargo, North American Mortgage, Bank United, PMI, RMIC
Alternative Lending, Bank One, SCME, UMAC, Security National and CSI
• FNMA/FHLC knowledge
• Performed loan underwriting on Conform and Non-Conforming Loans
• A, Alt A and Subprime experience
• Ability to multitask workload in a fast-pace environment.
• Provide informational support and mentoring to processors and closers concerning program guidelines and procedures.
• Wells Fargo Home Equity—HELOC/HELOAN delegated underwriting
• Signing Authority 650k to 1m.
• Trained and Mentored New Contract Underwriter with Wells Fargo.
• Recognized as a resource person, problem solver, trouble shooter.
• Wholesale and Retail assignments
• 1st and 2nd mortgages
• Underwrote to investor’s programs: SISA, SIVA, NO DOC, NO RATIO and FULL DOC. Investor’s included, Countrywide, Wells Fargo, Chase, GreenPoint, Aurora and EMC and including other investor’s.
• Trained and Mentored New Contract Underwriter with Wells Fargo
Page 2 Donna Marie Smercak
01/95-12/98 The Associates Home Equity Services- Phoenix, AZ
Team Manager/Senior Underwriter Manager
• Improved overall acceptable credit quality by 50% in a two year period.
• Achieved 85% increase in approval rate over a 3 month period with new sales team.
• Developed and implemented new operational procedure to improve productivity.
• Implemented and Design training manuals for entry level personnel and experienced professionals to ensure the highest level of training and stellar customer service.
• Directed and managed credit underwriting, loan processing, loan closing / funding, and other support functions with emphasis on operations.
• Microsoft Package (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
• Knowledge of various Computer Systems
1Number Hidden Berkeley Institute - White Plains, NY
• Paralegal Certificate
• President's/Dean’s List Award
View More Resumes
Customer Sercive Manager Resume
Administrative Secretary Resume
sap basis Resume
Area Manager Resume
Software Engineer - Gail Winfred Resume
chiropractor's assistant Resume
Search All Resumes | Submit Your Resume | Search Jobs