Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Most Recent Job Title:
Director of Personnel Security & Quality Control
Solution-oriented and versatile management professional with extensive experience in varied high security environments.
CECELIA HUNTER, MBA
P. O. Box 24534
Knoxville, TN 37933 Number Hidden
SENIOR SECURITY MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
~ 27+ Years of Diverse, Successful Security Management Experience ~
~ Proficient in Project Management, Program Development, Strategic Operations and Personnel Supervision ~
Solution-oriented and versatile security management professional with extensive experience in varied high security environments. Documented success in the implementation of improved programs, training/cross-training of personnel, and increasing productivity thorough innovation and adherence to quality standards. Skilled communicator accustomed to cross-functional coordination and procedural documentation. Proven ability to work successfully with diverse individuals to achieve corporate goals and meet targets on time and within budget. Top Secret Security Clearance.
Manage personnel effectively concentrating on high quality standards, timeliness and safety.
More than 27 years of experience in military and DOE management positions, such as Deputy General Manager, Zone Security Manager and Administrative Security Manager.
Utilize leadership experience to deliver exemplary performance in the most demanding, controversial and complex assignments. Exceptional security team development and employee retention skills
Three years of experience managing Clearance and Badging operations for the Wackenhut Services/DOE Headquarters contract personnel.
Successfully supported a visit to DOE HQ by President George W. Bush in 2001.
Deputy General Manager for a Protective Force of 200+ personnel. During tenure at DOE HQ, Protective Force received a satisfactory rating on OA audit, consistently received scores in the “Outstanding Category” for Award Fee Periods, and achieved 3rd place in the annual Security Police Officer Training Course competition 2003
Security Forces successfully managed events at the DOE HQ Facilities during the September 11, 2001 attacks.
Train, supervise and mentor subordinate staff in daily operations, functions and career development.
Supported a smooth transition of the International Union, Security, Police and Fire Professionals of America Local 285. At that time, the only management/supervisory person on contract who had prior experience with unions. Management experience in a unionized environment of 14+ years, combined time from tenure at WSI-SRS and DOE HQ.
Examine, determine and correct necessary deficiencies, maintaining optimal compliance with all governing directives and significantly improving the overall quality and efficiency of the organization
Interacted with co-workers, supervisors and subordinates dynamically while working within a range of responsible capacities, including deployment to hazardous environments.
Provide inspirational team leadership and counseling to subordinates that increases morale and raises performance and productivity levels.
Critique Inc. - Oak Ridge, TN
Director of Quality Control & Director of Personnel Security 2004 - Present
• Direct corporate quality control policies and programs including development and implementation of standards. Advise the CEO and President regarding internal policies and procedures.
• Supervised an interdisciplinary staff of specialists in managing badging and clearances for more than 8,000 personnel across three individual facilities. Successfully implemented the Human Reliability Program.
• Managed all company resources on the Protective Force contract, including full budgetary and human resource responsibility. Coordinated employee hiring, training, promotion, and disciplinary actions.
• Successfully steered the organization through an Office of Oversight Management Inspection from DOE Headquarters, receiving a Green Rating – the highest rating possible.
• Led the Personnel Security Division in receiving an overall score of 99% – the highest rating ever achieved.
Department of Energy HQ, Wackenhut Services Inc. – Washington, DC
Deputy General Manager 2000 - 2004
• Directed security operations at three facilities guarded by 200 Protective Force personnel. Held responsibility for access control, alarm monitoring, classified information protection, equipment safeguarding, high level visit security, emergency preparedness, clearances and badging, and protection for 12,000 employees.
• Oversaw hiring, training, labor relations, benefits administration, worker compensation, disciplinary actions, salary adjustments, promotions, and terminations for all Wackenhut Services employees.
• Sole manager with prior experience in managing a unionized workforce at time of unionization at DOE HQ. Personally instrumental in ensuring a smooth transition. To date, only one worker grievance has been filed; it has been successfully settled, with the union ultimately siding with the management’s position.
Department of Energy Savannah River Site, Wackenhut Services Inc. - Aiken, SC
Zone Security Manager 1996 - 2000
• Oversaw a Protective Force at two nuclear facilities, effectively directing more than 175 highly trained personnel.
• Supervised access control to limited, protected, and directed material access areas, developed emergency response plans, and coordinated personnel training.
• Maintained responsibility for hiring, salary adjustments, disciplinary actions, and terminations within the Zone, as well as safety awareness, budgeting, TQC, management, diversity awareness, and client service.
Department of Energy Savannah River Site, Wackenhut Services Inc. - Aiken, SC
Administrative Security Manager 1991 - 1996
• Represented Director of Operations in his absence, overseeing 800 Protective Force personnel assigned to Zone Operations for a 300 square mile DOE facility.
• Prepared Comprehensive Performance Award Fee Report for the Zone Operations Division. Report directly related to DOE standards and critical to the Award Fee Determination process.
• Coordinated Emergency Preparedness Operations and facilitated the company wide diversity initiative.
Zone Security Manager - DOE Savannah River Site 1988 - 1991
• Managed security for primary operational areas and facilities. These included Reactor Areas. Supervised security for a 221-H Separations Building, Tritium Facility, HB-Line, Rub-Off Facility, and Replacement Tritium Facility.
• Directed Security Police, supervisors, and a central alarm specialist, providing security services for more than 6,000 personnel.
• Maintained responsibility for all human resource and personnel actions in the Zone.
Security Systems Analyst - DOE Savannah River Site 1986 - 1988
• Developed Master Safeguards and Security Agreement for Zone 3/700, encompassing a 300M Materials Extrusion Facility and a fabrication facility for creating highly enriched uranium rods for use in reactors.
• Authored several key risk mitigation strategies based on in-depth vulnerability assessments. Prepared detailed computer models and statistical analyses. Developed corrective action strategies in wake of security audits.
Zone Lieutenant - DOE Savannah River Site 1985 - 1986
• Directed 35+ Security Police Officers, supervisors, and central alarm specialist in protecting 100-C and 100-R Reactors and 200-F and 200-H Material Separation Areas.
Central Alarm Supervisor - DOE Savannah River Site 1983 - 1985
• Monitored security alarms and dispatched Protective Force personnel to assess alarms for a Material Access Area.
• Prepared daily security report, documenting all activities during shift.
• Ensured security checks were conducted on a timely basis and were properly annotated.
United States Army - Heilbronn, Germany
Various Roles 1977 - 1981
• Served in Communications Battalion as Platoon Leader, Executive Officer, and Physical Security Officer.
• Selected for promotion to Captain prior to leaving the service.
Master of Business Administration
University of Brenau ~ Gainesville, GA
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Armstrong Atlantic State University ~ Savannah, GA
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING HIGHLIGHTS
Management Development Program
Security Crisis Management Training
Malcolm Baldridge / Process Training
MORT – Training
Crisis Negotiation Training
Radiation Worker Training – Core
Integrated Safety Management Systems
WSI-TQ Teambuilding Skills
MBA Custodian Training
Strike Contingency Training
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Human Reliability Program
Time Management Seminar
Quality Assurance Plan
HAZWOPER First Responder Awareness
Diversity Awareness / Skills Training
Aberrant Behavior Training
Violence in the Workplace
Basic Security Inspector Course
League of Women Voters Simmons Acres HOA Planning Committee
Court Appointed Advocates for Abused Children Board of Directors Hill Creek HOA Vice President, Board Member
Numerous letters of recognition, achievement and appreciation.
View More Resumes
PERSONALIZATION ADMINISTRATIVE Resume
Case Assistant Resume
Visual Merchandiser Resume
Personal trainer/life coach Resume
physical therapist with 4yrs of experience Resume
Training Consultant Resume
Teacher Assistant Resume
Search All Resumes | Submit Your Resume | Search Jobs