US-District of Columbia-Washington/Metro
Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Most Recent Job Title:
Sound Recordist, ENG/EFP
Freelance broadcast production work as an ENG/EFP field Sound Recordist, with network news, documentary, entertainment, NGO, government and other types of clients/work. Other production site: www.k3wlproductions.webs.com
Marianna LaFollette · Audio M2I
P.O. Box 18538 · Washington, DC Number Hidden
Number Hidden (cell) · Number Hidden (cell)
Address Hidden · www.mariannalafollette.om * www.k3wlproductions.webs.com
Independent Broadcast Sound Recordist, January 1996-present, Washington, DC
· Electronic News Gathering (ENG) & Electronic Field Production (EFP) Sound Services--including interviews, press conferences, liveshots, b-roll, standups, parades, rallies, gala events--provided to local, national & international clients on news, documentary, entertainment, sports, & corporate assignments located around Washington, DC, & nationwide.
· Production work for independent, digital and 16mm films
· U.S. House of Representatives and Senate Galler;y, Congressional Hill credentials
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST AND STORIES
· ABC News = 2002 DC Sniper; U.S. Capitol Congressional events; parades; rallies; protests; interviews.
· Bader TV News = General Motors’ Nascar 400 Race; Colgate's "Clean Teeth" Tour; EA Electronic's making-of documentary for the "Godfather" video game, w/ Robert Duvall.
· CNN = 2000 Presidential elections (and Gore/Bush dispute); Presidential Inauguration; U.S. Capitol liveshots; Congressional hearings; run-n-gun parades, protests & rallies; interviews; press conferences; 9/11/01 attack on Wash., DC; Anthrax attack on U.S. Media & Post Ofc.
· Dave & Company/Dave Lent, Camera = UK Grenada TV's FBI training documentary; World Bank's Learning Network documentary; Fox Newschannel coverage of President Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal.
· E! Entertainment = "True Hollywood Stories” on Former President Bill Clinton; red carpet premiere of Actor George Clooney's HBO show, "K Street”.
· GVI Productions = Hospital for Sick Children documentary; U.S. Census Bureau "Train the Trainers" doc.
· Fox Newschannel = White House/U.S. Capitol liveshots; Cong. hearings; Pres. Clinton/Lewinsky/Impeachment scandels; Andrews Air Force Base arrivals & departures of U.S. Pres. & Foreign Leaders; parades; press conferences; White Hse. press conf. & Marine Corps 1/Pres. Bush dep./arr.
· Grace Digital Media = Rooftop/White House liveshots for U.S., Intl. Networks (BBC, New Zealand, El Azteca): 2Number Hidden Presidential elections, 9/11 and Anthrax/U.S. Media attacks, 2003 Iraq war.
· Natural History New Zealand (NHNZ)= National Geographic “Lady Di Mummy”; Animal Planet’s “Buggin’ with Ruud” on Okefenokee Swamp, Florida’s Predatory Bug Life.
· NBC= Today Show segments; live and taped standups and interviews; Supreme Court Nominee Alito live hearings; Cong. hearings & press conferences.
· Matt Martin TV = Food Network "Roadie Chefs II” doc. (Farm Aid, N'Sync, Willie Nelson); HGTV/Bob Villa "Restore America"; CNN packages; National Geographic “Baltimore Aquarium Volunteers”.
· On-Target Communications = ESPN “Marine Corps Challenge” (California); Intl. Tactical Riflemen's Competition documentary (Wyoming).
· Pinczuk Productions/Murray Pinczuk,Camera = Associated Press TV “Rap Artist Jah Rule”; History Channel "Lost & Found"; E! Entertainment movie premiere, "Remember the Titans"; VH-1 “Jimmy Buffet Concert”; National Geographic Today “Skydiving”; Mercedez-Benz Road Tour VNR of 2004 new cars.
* Renovation Nation/Discovery's Planet Green = Two, 2009 Season 2 episodes: Alexandria, VA "Backyard Yoga Studio", and additional episode about Chesapeake Bay-area Backyard Barn made with compressed hay walls.
· Reuters Television = Chinese Premier/Human Rights Congressional luncheon & White House protest demonstration; Andrews AFB Arrivals and Departures of U.S. President and Foreign Leaders; White House and U.S. Labor Dept. liveshots; "Hispanics Today".
· Ventana Productions = History Channel “History of Small Pox”; America's Most Wanted arrest coverage; Million Mom March news segments.
· World Class Video/Bryan Mong, Camera = PBS U.S. tour “U.S. Constitution & Elections”; MTV “Rock the Vote”, “Teens & Abortion”; VH-1 "Where Are They Now"; Oxygen Network "Makeovers"; Iyanla TV Show stories.
· Zebra Productions/Harry Shoffner, Camera = U.S. Information Agency and DC entrepreneurs documentary; NIH medical stories; 2001 Presidential Inauguration Concert; CNN news packages; PBS Religion & Ethics stories.
ENG/EFP SOUND GEAR PACKAGE
· Shure FP33 stereo field mixer
· Lectrosonics 195D Diversity UHF and 187 VHF wireless transmitters and receivers
· Sanken lavaliere microphone (3)
· Shure handheld, omnidirectional microphone
· Sanken, directional shotgun microphone
· K-Tek boom pole
· XLR Audio Cables and misc. connectors
· Live gear package (IFB/phone interfaces, RJ connectors and other equipment)
· "Pisces" short (Action/Adventure, 48-Hour Film Project, April 29-May 1, 2005); producer/director/team leader/sound recordist/sound designer; www.mariannalafollette/k3wl/pisces
· “Revelations” full-length feature, digital film; sound mixer; www.panicstruckpro.com/revelations
· "Last Knight" short (Drama, NYC Midnight Movie-Making Madness, August 2004); producer/director/location manager/sound design/editor; 2nd Runner-up & Best Musical Score awards; (www.nycmidnight.com)
· "I'm Here" short (Horror, 48-Hour Film Project, May 2003); producer/team leader; one of the top ten in "Best of DC”; Best Sound Design Award; Audience Award for Best Short; www.mariannalafollette.tv/k3wl
· "Quarter Round" short (Fantasy, 48-Hour Film Project, May 2002); producer/team leader, sound recordist
· “Ember Lane" short (Sci-Fi, 48-Hour Film Project, October 2001); producer/team leader/co-scriptwriter/co-director
· "Soul Long" short (Horror, 48-Hour Film Project, May 2001); sound recordist
· "Oil & Water" short (Sci-FI, Robot DC Film Festival, Oct. 2000); producer, director, sound recordist, script writer
· "North of Dupont" dramatic full-length, 16mm feature (1999); sound mixer
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION WORK
* The R.I.P. Files, a new downloadable, internet tv series on www.ghostchannel.tv, 2009. Paranormal research investigators examine DC-area, EastCoast locations for spiritural activities and stories. Duties: Producer, Director, Camera and Sound, Editor. Trailers on www.youtube.com/k3wlproductions, www.vimeo.com/userNumber Hidden/videos
· Women in Film and Video, Washington, DC
· National Association of Broadcast Engineers and Technicians Union Local 31
· 1990 English B.A., University of Maryland at College Park, Fall 1989 and Spring 1990 Honors
· Travel, photography, music (violin, oboe), rollerblading, rollerhockey, snowboarding, mountain biking
REFERENCES AND RATES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
View More Resumes
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume
Video Production Assistant Resume
Sales Consultant Resume
Patient Services Rep Resume
POLICE INVESTIGATOR Resume
Human Resources Manager Resume
legal secretary Resume
Search All Resumes | Submit Your Resume | Search Jobs